• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XML Scripts

rsuchocki

Has anyone addressed the making of scripts With "magic file replacement ™" technology found in AnyDvd HD. Basically you can remaster any commercial movie disc using simple XML scripts. I beleave there needs to be a posting that shows the programming structure, examples of various scripts and what there goal is. Right know I do not know what the scripts are supposed to do or what tasks they need to perform. Basically these scripts will "magically" replace the files on the physical disc. You can customize discs as you like without even making a copy to harddisk! I have been unable to find any documentation on any of the task I have been talking about in my post. Any responce to this post or to my email address (rsuchocki@comcast.net) will be fine. :eek:

The only file magically replaced at the moment is the playlist. It's about as much programming as HTML and the tags are so self explanatory they don't need any description.

As soon as you've played a disc, you'll find an AnyDVD directory under your My Documents and you'll find in there a list of movie titles. Inside there is a directory with a unique hash of the disc - in case you insert two different versions of the same film - and under there is the directory which contains the XPL file which contains the playlist.

If you edit one of those, I'm sure you'll pick it up really quickly. If you mess up, delete the directories for that movie and reinsert the disc to get your original back.

You can remove any ads or FBI logos, extra menu stuff, subtitles, trim special features so that you don't get errors if you remove those files from the disk etc.

Peer has suggested that one of the things he'd like to add is being able to re-code the menus and things.. and that's a bit more complex. Microsoft provide some guides and tools in something called "HDDVD Jumpstart" which you can download for free from them.

Faye

Back