• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Xbox + HD

HD43

Can you plug an external hard drive into the Xbox 360 and acccess movies stored on it and play them at HD res.

Do tell.. please.

And is this preferable to encoding with Nero for the PS3?

Fry's have a 500gb external HHD for $140 this week... that's $5 a movie.

Sorry; keeping busy.
1) your in the wrong thread ;)
2) you need to first flash the bios/firmware with mod versions; don't ask I'm not telling. OR install a mod chip
3) format primary (system) HD with the 360 tool and then install boot-loader, again don't ask.
4) install Linux/windows OS of your choice
5) load OS and plug in hard drive. should be recognized as removable storage device.
5.0.1) install a media player and codecs if needed.
:)
Keep in mind that hacking will get you banned from Live. I don't use live so I don't care. Find the software yourself. It's legal to have and use in most places, but I'm not posting it to keep everyone safe.

It's so funny you finally responded, cos I was looking at this old post yesterday and thinking what happened to Lost.

Thanks for the info. :clap:

But I bought a PS3 instead and now I can't take it back :doh:

But the PS3 is easy to connect to an ext. HDD, you just plug it in and it works!

Can the PS3 read HD-DVD and BD rips though? Or the mt2s files or whatever?

Am i right in thinking people are network streaming HD rips to their Xbox? Is this the actual file or a broadcast from their PowerDVD players?

I bought a PS3 cos I didn't want to have to rebuild a computer just to play HD movies, and besides, a cable to my TV is not practical. Plus I liked the sleek black design :D

The answer to your questions is yes all around. My suggestion on finding the software required and help tips on how-to: would be to google for game mod forums. Once you have your rips on a hard drive it's fairly straight forward.
for VCDs/mDVDs and DVDs I'd still suggest just doing a raw vob-dump (with Clone DVD ;)). Drop it on a 6 or 8 MB USB drive and port it in to the PS3. BD is harder.
The PS3 can only read BD blue laser discs, not HD. You're still stuck with the 360 for them. OR: rip the disc with AnyDVDHD and then use the latest version of Nero Recode. It can convert most HD discs to BD.

thanks for the info.

So I can burn a BD formated file via Recode to my ext HDD (or USB flash drive) without a BD burner present on my PC?

Or do you mean an AVCHD file?

If Recode can output the HD-DVD movie as a BD or AVC file that's great. But i don't have a BD burner. For some reason Nero suddenly allowed me to burn a Blu Ray formated file to my HDD (STREAM folder, mt2s and all) but failed halfway and I haven't been able to do it again.

I have had mixed results transcoding to AVCHD and it takes 2 days for a full movie!

Back