• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XBox HD-DVD Firmware

wdgoldstein

Beta Tester
Hey folks,

I have a X-Box 360 HD-DVD drive attached to my computer and have been unable to find a firmware update that will allow 1080P (Mine is the original 1080i firmware). I do NOT have access to a 360 unit to flash the drive and want to get an update that can be run from windows. Has anyone found such a beast?

Firmware needed

I am also on the hunt for such firmware to use from Windows? Anyone out there can help?

Hey folks,

I have a X-Box 360 HD-DVD drive attached to my computer and have been unable to find a firmware update that will allow 1080P (Mine is the original 1080i firmware). I do NOT have access to a 360 unit to flash the drive and want to get an update that can be run from windows. Has anyone found such a beast?

I am not sure I am following.

PC video resolution depends on your video card. It has nothing to do with the HD DVD add-on firmware. It is just a drive.

My apologies if I am missing something.

As far as I was aware the update was for the Xbox 360 itself not the drive

Firmware

It is my understanding that the original firmware on the HD-DVD add on was limited to 1080i. The firmware update addressed both the XBox and the drive and requires that the drive be attached to the xbox for flashing. My video can support 1080p but when using with the X-Box Drive best I can get is 1080i.

I have to agree with Galileo2000, the drive has nothing to do with output resolusion, it's down to the graphics card. I had no problems out putting 1080p when I had my Xbox drive, I now have a Toshiba internal and no problems out putting 1080p with that either.

It is my understanding that the original firmware on the HD-DVD add on was limited to 1080i. The firmware update addressed both the XBox and the drive and requires that the drive be attached to the xbox for flashing. My video can support 1080p but when using with the X-Box Drive best I can get is 1080i.

You are wrong. For 1080p playback on a PC, a drive firmware update is not required or needed. It only depends on the player software / video card / video drivers.

Yes, sorry. after i posted i realized he didnt have a 360, so yes it would not matter. Although didnt some of the original toshiba HD players get a 1080p upgrade through firmware? again that is not for a pc but wouldnt that make it a possibility that firmware could limit the output?

PS3 did the same thing, allowed 1080p firmware upgrade in one of its patches (1.8).

Yes, sorry. after i posted i realized he didnt have a 360, so yes it would not matter. Although didnt some of the original toshiba HD players get a 1080p upgrade through firmware? again that is not for a pc but wouldnt that make it a possibility that firmware could limit the output?
On a PC? No.

Back