• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XBOX cloning or copying

chen

I have XBOX game very old and before it doesn't work any longer on my XBOX game console. I will like to make extra copy of this so I won't loose it and can not play it any more. Is there way to clone or copy this game? What do I need to get or buy do have complete software from SlySoft. What to do from the start to end in simply terms. Any HELP very appreciate let me know in the Forum or email sirfung@comcast.net with answers THANK's

First thing first don't put your e-mail address in the form like this, it serve no purpose except to deliver spam to account.

Clone cd should be able to copy xbox games.

Given that source drive can read it.

You will also need to mod your console to play burned games.

I have a little experience in this field as I've heavily modded a few xbox's in the past. I currently still use my modded box to stream videos and such using XBMC. XBMC supports more video codecs than my stock PS3 does (go figure) excluding HD video of course.

Anyway, you cannot make copies of xbox games using just CloneCD. The reason is that xbox games are pressed totally different from the way standard DVD's and CD's are. The xbox's dvd drive actually reads game data off the disc in a special way (backwards) when compared to a standard drive. On normal DVD's and CD's, the laser reads the data from the center to the outside but xbox games are read from the outside in. There's no standard PC DVD\CD drive that can read an original xbox game that I know of.

That being said, that doesn't mean you can't burn backups. You just need to get the game data onto your PC's hard drive. The way you would have to do it would be to mod your xbox by installing a mod chip like the Zenium or Smartxx, then flash the mod chip with a hacked bios like the Xecuter2 bios. The X2 bios will actually let you override the security on the xbox to run unsigned code.

Once you can run unsigned code, you can install a bigger hard drive along with an alternate dashboard like Evolution X, Avalaunch, or even XBMC. All these dashboards include an FTP server that will allow you to connect to your xbox from your PC in order move files back and forth. Once you get this far, you'll need to install a ripping program like dvd2xbox onto your xbox's new hard drive. Using dvd2xbox, you can insert an original game into the xbox's stock dvd drive and then rip it to the hard drive. Once the game data is fully ripped onto the xbox's hard drive you can FTP all of it over to your PC. Sigh....... Still not done yet. After FTP'ing the files over to your PC you need to use yet another program like Craxtion or Quix to create an image from the files. These images are sometimes called XISO's. This XISO image can then be burned to a standard DVD-R or DVD+R using Clonedvd or just about any burning suite available.

The xbox reads almost all brands of DVD-R and DVD+R so the game will run fine from the burned copy, although only in a modded xbox. A normal xbox without a mod chip will still not run the copy because the file signature has been broken and the media checks have been removed by dvd2xbox.

As you can see this task is not what I'd call easy. It's also dangerous and you could render your xbox useless in the process, so it's not for the faint of heart.

Back