1. RedFox is offering a Cyber-Monday discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until November 30, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

XBOX Backup

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by jesmic, May 11, 2007.

1. jesmic

jesmic New Member

Will Clone DVD backup my kids XBox games. They have just trashed a new £40 game!!!! I want them to use backups and keep the original safely locked away. Thanks.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

CloneDVD backs up DVD compliant files, not games.

3. jesmic

jesmic New Member

OK Thanks, do you know any s/ware that will back up games?

4. Zeratul

Zeratul Well-Known Member

you cant backup any kind of xbox game with any kind of normal cd/dvd drive because they cant read them. :disagree: xbox discs have a different file system and they are also burnt from the outside of the disk in (normal cds/dvds are burned from inside out).

to play any kind of backup on an xbox requires a modchip or softmod, the legality of modchips depends on your residence and a softmod requires a little technical know-how. usually chips are legal as long as they are only for backing up legally owned games (similar to anydvd).

if you get a chip or softmod there are many tutorials you can find on how to backup xbox games.

(they usually involve hooking your xbox up to a network via ethernet cable, ftp-ing to the xbox from your comp [default user - xbox, default pass - xbox], copying the files to your computers hard drive, and then burning them to a regular dvd. i use nero with the xbox compatibility mode on [data dvd, udf, xbox compatibility mode], they work great :agree: )

Last edited: May 12, 2007