• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XBMC Version 12 Beta 2 Is Out

Why not just get it from the official site? And it's up to Release Candidate 1 now.

At the moment XBMC 12 is probably the best unlicensed player out there. The new version adds HD audio support via both HDMI bitstreaming and TrueHD decoding (the last I checked DTS decoding was still core-only but that may have changed); it also finally brings HDMV menu support out of alpha. Others (i.e., the competition) copied those features from alpha code; it's safe to say they probably work better in RC status from the original developer. :D

Before I download and install, is there an option to uncheck file types during the set up process?

I cant be doing with installing programs to find out that they automatically "take over" everything, but I would like a player to handle file types Windows Media Player cant handle.

Thanks.

Before I download and install, is there an option to uncheck file types during the set up process?

I cant be doing with installing programs to find out that they automatically "take over" everything, but I would like a player to handle file types Windows Media Player cant handle.

Thanks.
XBMC doesn't associate any file types.

XBMC doesn't associate any file types.

It associates ISO file types, when I first tried Eden for the first time all my ISO files changed from the "Sheep" to the "XMBC" icon.
If that is what you mean...

Anyways Frodo needs some serious work though, where Eden works well I get no sound through HDMI when playing ISO's of the Dark Night Returns, if I try to enable HDMI, the video slows down to a crawl.
The ISO is a bit jerky of Ice Age 4 where it works with Eden _ I'll have to try reinstalling it with Windows firewall disabled.

I'll have to post a bug file over at XBMC.

I still like TMT 5, however it's not with out it's problems, but I'm seriously thinking of getting a Dune HD Smart D1. I am so tired of having to trouble shoot computer based Blu-ray players :(

http://coolabode.ecrater.com/p/11360475/dune-hd-smart-d1

just this week, reading this forum, I became interested in XBMC, and why I might want it. the only reason I can see, since I don't use BD yet, is another DVD player, to go along with a couple more I have. it seems to be very versatile with both audio as well as video needs, but I'm not sure why it is any better or maybe has more options than the A/V software I have. I'm just trying to learn more about it, from you guys, whom I have grown to trust. :agree:

just this week, reading this forum, I became interested in XBMC, and why I might want it. the only reason I can see, since I don't use BD yet, is another DVD player, to go along with a couple more I have. it seems to be very versatile with both audio as well as video needs, but I'm not sure why it is any better or maybe has more options than the A/V software I have. I'm just trying to learn more about it, from you guys, whom I have grown to trust. :agree:
With Cinavia creeping into the licensed BD software players (PDVD, TMT, etc.) plus more and more BD titles, unlicensed BD players are becoming a necessity as a Cinavia workaround for AnyDVD HD users. XBMC's not the only one out there, but the key strength of v12/Frodo is its support for HDMV menus (such as Speedmenus) and HD audio playback, both still rare in unlicensed players--not to mention it's free.

(Incidentally, Frodo is now up to Release Candidate 2.)

so if I get you right, if I'm not into BD yet, XBMC doesn't have much to offer people still using regular Dvds.

so if I get you right, if I'm not into BD yet, XBMC doesn't have much to offer people still using regular DVD's.

Of all the free players out there it has one of the better user interfaces.
It also supports DTS-HD and Dolby-HD sound where as VLC (for example) does not.
But yes it's geared for home theatre and Blu-ray ISO playback.

Play around with it and decide for your self...

I'm still a DVD user so now I know why the program was giving me "trouble" when I was mucking around testing it.

Back