• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

XBMC for ubuntu - automounting bluray-iso

hoppel118

Hey guys!

Who of you uses xbmc pre 11 from git for linux? Within this version you can play bluray-isos directly without manually mounting the isos before playing them or starting an external player.

However..., this only works with my newly ripped blurays. My old bluray-isos (ca. one year old) aren't usable under xbmc for linux. When I mount these "old" bluray-isos manually I can start the m2ts-files without problems. Under windows7mediacenter with media browser, powerdvd (as external player) and Virtual CloneDrive these isos just work fine.

Where are the differences in the ripping-method of bluray to iso with a ca. year old anydvd hd to current anydvd hd? What can I do to rerip the available not working isos to make them work?

About the same phenomena is written in the xbmc-forum in the following thread. Can't test reripping the original blurays, because they are stolen. :(

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=91143 --> look at post 9

Another helpful information could be, that xbmc can readout the media-informations (disc-type: "bluray", format: "16:9", audiocodecs: "dts-hd" "5.1", video-resolution: "1080") only from the new ripped bluray-isos. From the old bluray-iso-rips only the disc-type "bluray" is viewable in xbmc.

Tried to rerip the old isos by loading them into Virtual Clonedrive and then reripping with the current anydvd hd, without success.

What can be done?

Best Regards

Last edited:
Hallo,

nobody here using xbmc for linux and having this problem with old bluray-isos? This isos just work fine with power dvd under windows.

Best Regards

Back