• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

X men first class

sa260

When I do my copy of my X men first class it seems that after I make the copy my copy doesn't copy the sub titles from the concentration camp, magneto in the bank and magneto in the bar in Argentina. How do I get those subtitles to work? Any direction in this matter would be appreciated.
Thanks

Is AnyDVD configured to remove forced subtitles? Did you exclude subtitles from being ripped in CloneDVD?

Forced subtitles can be selected/deselected in the Audio and Subtitle Settings selection screen. From my experience more than a few "translation" subtitles (subtitles used to translate a brief use of foreign language) are not listed as forced subtitles, they are just an subtitle stream secondary to the main language subtitle stream. The Star Wars DVDs come to mind. I've even seen "translation" subtitles listed as being a different language from the main language, an English subtitle stream listed as Rumanian for example tor listed as "unspecified".

Most DVDs label the subtitle streams correctly making unwanted subtitles easy to remove. There are a few that properly selecting wanted subtitles is not a quick click and go situation.

So please correct me if Im going in the wrong direction here. If I tell clone dvd not sub titles then it won't do the sub titles for the brief use of foreign language. And how do I know if AnyDVD configured to remove forced subtitles? Thanks

So please correct me if Im going in the wrong direction here. If I tell clone dvd not sub titles then it won't do the sub titles for the brief use of foreign language.
Correct. It might help to copy with menus, this will select the correct subtitles.

And how do I know if AnyDVD configured to remove forced subtitles? Thanks
There is no such setting in AnyDVD. There is only an option to set subtitle transparency (cool feature, by the way). Don't make your subtitles completely transparent, they will be invisible.

As far as I know, a ticked feature removal of "Prohibited User Operations" in the Video DVD -- Settings menu also affects auto-on subtitles. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are very wrong the "Prohibited User Operations" settings had nothing to do with forced subtitles.

Back