• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WTF! RedFox just tried to bill me $850!

djkilla

So after waiting for a 20% discount to be offered again, I decided screw it, I'll pay the high price. So I entered my credit card info and additional info like an idiot but was declined at the end. A minute later, I get a call from by bank fraud detection wanting to speak to me. Since I don't trust unexpected phone calls, I went directly to the bank and then was told a transaction for $850 in China was trying to go through at the exact moment I tried to buy the high priced AnyDVD. Now my head is exploding and I need answers! So WTF?

Euhm no, 99% sure you're looking at 850 CNY (yuan) which is approx 113.26 euro which is exactly what AnyDVD costs + approx 4€ foreign exchange fee. If you received error 66, you need to call your bank and authorize it. Because as you say so yourself they blocked it. There's nothing anydvd can do about that. Your bank needs to unblock the transaction.

Just got back from my bank. They cancelled my credit card and are issuing me another one which will arrive in the next few days. So while I was there, I picked up a one-time use Visa gift card for $123.00 but when I tried to get AnyDVD again it was declined. So I called my bank to push the transaction through. I was told that the transaction was for $124.86. What the hell! So now what? The conversion info you provided is wrong.

You probably didn't read the fine print on the back of the pre-paid card. 95% of US based pre-paid cards are domestic only and not allowed for international purchases. I didn't provide a wrong conversion, you're expecting a 1:1 value euro to dollar. That's not the case. Just google "113 EUR to USD" and you'll get, right now, $ 127. So the conversion i provided is spot on.

Giving right money value currency would help $850US isn't the same as 850CN. That is giving misinformation here.

I gave up. RedFox doesn't want me to get their software at high prices. Maybe I'll try again some time in the future or sooner if they offer 20% again. I can't believe I had a lifetime license and now I have to jump through hoops and deal with a lot of hassle to become a lifetime user again.

Error 66: your BANK is blocking the payment, nothing redfox can do about that. You need to tell your BANK to let it through. US banks don't like the Asian payment provider.

Prepaid card doesn't work? As stated you likely didn't read the fine print that it's likely a domestic only card. Plenty of users have used a visa prepaid, YOU just need to make sure you've got one that works internationally.

When you've got your new cc, you could call in advance to let it through or while your making the purchase.

YOU need to tell your bank to do what you want them to do, redfox can't do it for you.

I purchased a $123 Visa card to cover the amount. It was declined. I called my bank and they said the amount was $124.86. So it was $1.86 more than what was shown on your USD conversion purchase page. Now I have a $123 Visa card that has to be used on other things. I'm not going to go through all of this nightmare again to get another card just to get AnyDVD which is even more money than stated.

How can this get better? Easy, offer 20% to everyone who had a lifetime license who are just as pissed as me who has to buy another lifetime license again. God knows I earned it for having my card cancelled and all of the hassle just to get your software!
WTF.jpg

Guess it wasn't big enough or bold enough for them. And to think for a second that RedFox isn't trying and hasn't tried to do whatever they can to make it easier. But the fact is that the people in power don't want US to have this product and if they make it hard enough to purchase we will get discouraged and give up. Or just buy the other guys who signed an agreement with the AACS-LA to not sell it in the USA. And that will come back to bite them in the a**.

How can this get better? Easy, offer 20% to everyone
They did for TWO month's. It is also not the fault of RedFox YOU cancelled your card. I purchased with a debit card with no issue. And actually the only issue I had was when I purchased from Elby first and it wanted a verification that it was me.

I purchased a $123 Visa card to cover the amount. It was declined. I called my bank and they said the amount was $124.86. So it was $1.86 more than what was shown on your USD conversion purchase page. Now I have a $123 Visa card that has to be used on other things. I'm not going to go through all of this nightmare again to get another card just to get AnyDVD which is even more money than stated.
RedFox has no control over what prepaid or how Visa determines what goes through. Currency conversion changes from day to day you can't expect it to remain constant when market forces changes.

How can this get better? Easy, offer 20% to everyone who had a lifetime license who are just as pissed as me who has to buy another lifetime license again. God knows I earned it for having my card cancelled and all of the hassle just to get your software!
How is a prepaid visa problem RedFox problem? One needs to read fine print here about what transaction those prepaid allows before buying such CC. 20% was during those first two months - missing it doesn't bring it back. Even without the discount the money paid for it especially for lifetime will get more then enough usage.

If you read it properly it quite clearly states 'Approximately'. That's due to fluctuations in the exchange rate and different exchange rates and charges from different banks
Yes, it does. Google "convert from euro to USD" and you'll get a nice little conversion calculator. Watch it throughout the day to see when it goes down and order it then in order to save a little. Sort of like the stock market.

Also, my bank charges me an "international transaction fee" of a couple dollars.

Yes, it does. Google "convert from euro to USD" and you'll get a nice little conversion calculator. Watch it throughout the day to see when it goes down and order it then in order to save a little. Sort of like the stock market.
Like everyone is sitting at the computer 24/7? This is wishful thinking the changes will amount to a few dollars and if you expect massive shift in exchange rate don't hit the koolaid to hard.

Also, my bank charges me an "international transaction fee" of a couple dollars.
Everyone gets that because they aren't located in the US.

Like everyone is sitting at the computer 24/7? This is wishful thinking the changes will amount to a few dollars and if you expect massive shift in exchange rate don't hit the koolaid to hard.
Who said anything about 24/7? You've assumed far too much.
Everyone gets that because they aren't located in the US.
Yes. I mentioned it in case he wasn't aware.

It's advice. You certainly don't have to accept it, but you don't need to be rude.

Who said anything about 24/7? You've assumed far too much.

Here is your own words you already said "watch it throughout the day" and "Sort of like the stock market" in your own words.

Yes. I mentioned it in case he wasn't aware.

When you finalize the purchase you get a email saying there will be international fee charge for making the purchase there is no way around this because of the purchase is international and your Bank/CC will make this charge.

It's advice. You certainly don't have to accept it, but you don't need to be rude.
There is no advice that is what happens if the purchases are made overseas you will get a fee charge from the CC for making international purchases that aren't based in the US.

View attachment 30960
20% off until Oct 16th, get it now and join the project.

I purchased AnyDVD 2 days ago using the 10% bitcoin discount. Even though I had to buy the lifetime again and miss out on the extra 20% discount which I waited so long for, I am a happy customer.

Back