• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Wrong content downloading from Prime video

Demis

Hello,
When trying to download Pete the Cat, episode S103E01 A Very Groovy Christmas from here, AnyStream downloads a different episode instead.
A well known AnyStream competitor which I'm not going to mention here makes the same mistake, which makes me think that the problem is caused by the stream provider.
Anyway, when you watch it from the Prime's website you get the right content, which proves that there is for sure a way to fix it and to download the correct episode
It goes without saying this problem could affect other contents, which I still haven't found, but may exist.
Can I help in these cases AnyStream in any way to act as the vendor's interface and get the correct content?
Thanks in advance.

It is always good to provide an Anystream logfile.

Thanks tectpro,
I've not posted it before since you can easily reproduce the problem by yourself.
Anyway, here it is the log file.
You'll notice from the file name that I've requested for the episode S103E01 but I got the episode S205E01 instead.

Attachments

• Pete the Cat - Season 1, Part 1_S205E01_L'arbitro - Pete è troppo impegnato.astlog
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
That's probably an Amazon oopsie I figure.

It’s an Amazon mistake. The easy workaround is just to right-click and renumber the episodes.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I don't understand. Right click where?

On the filename and rename the file manually :)

It seems that nobody has even tried it.
The problem is not about the file name. The file downloaded has it's correct name in the filesystem.
The problem is, as I've explained at the beginning, that there is no way to download the episode S103E01, even if you can watch it through the Amazon web app .
Could you please try it and confirm?

I just tried and I can confirm what you say ...
Did you download everything from that show and came across that "missing" episode eventually?
Then it would really become a case of "Renaming and be done with it"

Honestly the naming of that show on Prime is terrible, I'd reorder the file(name)s like some of the online databases, like TheTVDB
Code:
https://thetvdb.com/series/340595-show#seasons

It seems that nobody has even tried it.
The problem is not about the file name. The file downloaded has it's correct name in the filesystem.
The problem is, as I've explained at the beginning, that there is no way to download the episode S103E01, even if you can watch it through the Amazon web app .
Could you please try it and confirm?
Then this is an Amazon issue, we can only download what they provide.

Hi RedFox 1, they provide that particular episode, because you can watch it through their official website. Have you tried watching it and can you confirm you get it as a streaming?
I wouldn't pretend to download what they do not provide, of course.

Then this is an Amazon issue
I'm not so sure about that ... Prime provides that episode you can see S103E01 (A groovy Christmas) in the browser, but when you try to download it, it says "Too cool for School ..." and that get's actually downloaded. For me it's a duplicate of S102E01

But when you watch them in streaming they actually are two different episodes.

that there is no way to download the episode S103E01
It's not on the manifest, therefore we cannot access it, I do not have to try it, Cartman already did, and I trust what he said and what you said, I am trying to explain,
1. Season 103 Episode 1 - Play Ball - the only episode
2. Season 104 Episode 1 Play Ball- Same exact episode

Amazon uploaded the wrong episode for Season 103. That's the problem and we can do nothing about it.

But when you watch them in streaming they actually are two different episodes.
The content could be coming from different CDNs as well possibly so that the web shows something and the download shows something else. Just a thought.

I hope Amazon never realizes that is so easy to block content to AnyStream while it's still available to their streaming service.
Can I have a look to the manifest you mention? Where I can find it?

Let's get this sorted. Again, on the actual Amazon website it al screwed up. In all actuality, there are only 2 Seasons of Pete the Cat, that's it.
You would like them to be Season 1 and Season 2, but thats not what Amazon wanted. This has nothing to do with AnyStream. Amazon named Season 103 and Season 104
In Season 1 there are 4 episodes
In Season 2 there are 6 episodes

I hope Amazon never realizes that is so easy to block content to AnyStream while it's still available to their streaming service.
Can I have a look to the manifest you mention? Where I can find it?
No, if you do not believe me, then I am sorry. This is the end of this, its an Amazon issue.

Thanks RedFox fopr your effort.
It's clear that something doesn't add up.
I have downloaded about 40 different episodes in 10 seasons of Pete the Cat from Amazon Prime.
I'm able to download seasons 102, 102, 104, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 and 206.
How do you see only 2 seasons?

Ok, that may be the problem.
I'm not downloading from Google. I've downloaded them from Amazon Prime. And They are 10 seasons, and I have already downloaded 9 of them.
Can we wait until monday and see what a AnyStream developer says?

Back