• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

wrong audio suggestion

landfill

Several times I run into having the wrong audio (director's) on my backups. I suggest that along with the video preview there could also be an audio preview with the ability to skip around the preview just to make sure the correct audio is being selected. Also a subtitle preview if selected.

You suggest burning and verifying? That is what I do. My suggestion is to improve on CloneDvd by playing the audio in preview like it does for the video portion.

Ok I read your post (again) and it suggests testing with Powerdvd and goes in into theory of media economics. This is great and all but I just want to eliminate one step of the backup process. My copies are pure movie with no extras (director's comments, angles, previews, funky chapter navigation menus, dts/dolby) and fullscreen only. It is not about quality and features but it is about a simple movie that just plays.

Ok I read your post (again) and it suggests testing with Powerdvd and goes in into theory of media economics. This is great and all but I just want to eliminate one step of the backup process. My copies are pure movie with no extras (director's comments, angles, previews, funky chapter navigation menus, dts/dolby) and fullscreen only. It is not about quality and features but it is about a simple movie that just plays.

If you wish to ensure you choose the proper audio, what Whisperer wrote is the best method to ensure you get what you want (in particular, read the first five paragraphs slowly).

If you need to learn how to use Clonedvd properly, then visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

If you wish to make suggestions for changing the product, contact the official developer, Elaborate Bytes: http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/contact.html

Last edited:
If you wish to ensure you choose the proper audio, what Whisperer wrote is the best method to ensure you get what you want (in particular, read the first five paragraphs slowly).

My bad, I thought you wrote that.

If you need to learn how to use Clonedvd properly, then visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

Nice, subtle yet pointed:)

If you wish to make suggestions for changing the product, contact the official developer, Elaborate Bytes: http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/contact.html

This is what I was actually intending. Assuming the developers actually lurk these forums. It is a great product, far superior to the many *many* posers out there. The AnyDvd + CloneDvd combo is the perfect setup that I recommend to anyone who doesn't mind paying for software.

Nice, subtle yet pointed:)

I wasn't intending anything negative.

This is what I was actually intending. Assuming the developers actually lurk these forums.

A Slysoft developer does, but I don't know about Elaborate Bytes.

Here's the issue (I think): if you playback sound in a program, you, as a developer, face licensing issues. By avoiding sound playback, Elaborate Bytes avoids having to pay licensing fees for DTS, Dolby Digital, etc--and, in turn, the customer doesn't have to also incur those fees.

Last edited:
I wasn't intending anything negative.

Fair enough. I thought it was a barb and you say it isn't so thats done and over with.

Here's the issue (I think): if you playback sound in a program, you, as a developer, face licensing issues. By avoid sound playback, Elaborate Bytes avoids having the pay licensing fees for DTS, Dolby Digital, etc--and, in turn, the customer doesn't have to also incur those fees.

Now this makes perfect sense to me in reguards to licensing issues.

Back