• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Writing to video media was not successful

Pixley

I've been consistently get the following error message everytime I try & burn a disc:

"Writing to video media was not successful. A write error has occurred, probably caused by a bad media. Please replace the media and try again."

The discs I've been using lately are Sony & Verbatim. Sometimes I get a complete burn, but most of the time I don't, Any ideas why this keeps happening? I've spent quite a lot of money lately on discs that have had to be tossed so it's pretty frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what the problem(s) might be?

Possibly a burner (dying) problem.
Can you try a different one?

No, unfortunately I only have the one burner and just recently purchased the computer I have in October, so everything is brand new.

It is possible you did get a bad batch of blank media that the drive can't handle, but the only way to know for sure is try doing a burn with another drive. It's happened to me before but I had another PC with another drive and the blanks worked with the 2nd PC.

It's a hardware status

I've been consistently get the following error message everytime I try & burn a disc:

"Writing to video media was not successful. A write error has occurred, probably caused by a bad media. Please replace the media and try again."

The discs I've been using lately are Sony & Verbatim. Sometimes I get a complete burn, but most of the time I don't,

Software is never intermittent in the same task with the same variables so off/on burning bears out that "write" errors are hardware errors. Your burner/Windows are reporting back to CloneDVD "sorry" and then you get the message. Try lowering the preferred speed to 4x (not any slower) and try that.
This is not a CloneDVD error.

The discs I've been using lately are Sony & Verbatim. Sometimes I get a complete burn, but most of the time I don't, Any ideas why this keeps happening? I've spent quite a lot of money lately on discs that have had to be tossed so it's pretty frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what the problem(s) might be?

Also a log file would help as well. And since we have no idea what type of burner or hardware setup your using anything is up in the air as to what is the problem. But as Slysoft member says sounds reason to believe it is a hardware issue since we lack any more info to know what is going on.

Not only that ....

Also a log file would help as well. But as Slysoft member says sounds reason to believe it is a hardware issue since we lack any more info to know what is going on.

No log file will help here. All it will show is a terminated WRITE due to an external error, i.e. the burner says "oops", reports back to Windows "tell CloneDVD this didn't work" and then CloneDVD posts that message.

The error "WriteDVD 10 11 W2" comes from the writer/burner firmware in response to a WRITE command meaning "bad blank" or simply "can't write to the blank".

Please note that this is the writer/burner returning this status, not CloneDVD and means the burner reported a burning error to Windows.
Windows then passes that back to CloneDVD, which posts that message you see.
This status is caused by a bad/invalid blank status, a burner failure or some other software element is interfering with the writing process.

Programs like DirectCD, Roxio Audio Studio, Nero InCD/BackItUp, MyCD, PlexTools, B's Clip, RecordNow, Simple Backup and some other special burner software are known to occasionally disturb other writing programs.

ZoneAlarm and certain anti-virus products are known to interfere with the burning process as well. Stop them and try a burn to check for this condition.

If you do not have these conflicts then the most likely cause for the WRITE error is the burner, cheap blanks or too high a writing speed.

Go to the Internet site for your PC/Laptop or burner and look for a firmware update. This *can* fix such problems.

On the Output Method panel at the upper right, set the Preferred speed to 4x and try that.

Regarding the blanks we'd like to suggest that you only use those brands that are recommended by the writer's manufacturer.

Please post anydvd log file for diagnostic purposes.

No log file will help here. All it will show is a terminated WRITE due to an external error, i.e. the burner says "oops", reports back to Windows "tell CloneDVD this didn't work" and then CloneDVD posts that message.

The error "WriteDVD 10 11 W2" comes from the writer/burner firmware in response to a WRITE command meaning "bad blank" or simply "can't write to the blank".

I was referring to the original source media if they could get a log file for that could they possible do that before the writing process so we at least know what dvd movie they are referring to and if anyone else had success or failure trying to backup.

Still having problems with the software!

I'm using Verbatim discs & 4x speed. I made two copies of a dvd last night, but today is a repeat of previous problems when trying to copy some Planet Earth discs. I paid a lot of money for this software which for the most part, is consistently poor at doing what it's supposed to, and I keep getting "bad media" errors

I've used 1 Click DVD software in the past and never had the kind of problems that I have with this one! Sure wish I hadn't purchased it now...

The fix should be simple shouldn't it vs. trying 101 hundred things to get it to perform the way it's supposed to? I can provide a copy of the log if someone can advise how to do that? Thx!

Frank already explained why you get the message so I'm not sure what you expect them to do as it appears to be write failure issue with the drive which CloneDVD can't do anything about. As a system builder myself I find nothing strange about the fact that your drive could be failing or have an intermittent fault even if it's only a few months old.
Best way to test the writing side would be to get CloneDVD to make the output as an ISO image then use Imgburn to burn the ISO to your blank disc.
As to how to make a logfile, go to the AnyDVD forum and read how in the stickies

Best way to test the writing side would be to get CloneDVD to make the output as an ISO image then use Imgburn to burn the ISO to your blank disc.

Sorry but I'm female and not tech savvy like you obviously are, so have no idea what you're talking about with respect to the above...

On the last section in CloneDVD you tell it to write to an image instead of direct to a disc, then install Imgburn and tell Imgburn to write the Image you made to a disc

Write files/folders to disc

"The error "WriteDVD 10 11 W2" comes from the writer/burner firmware in response to a WRITE command meaning "bad blank" or simply "can't write to the blank"

Pixley

I had a similar issue when it came time to burn the clonedvd2 created folders.

Adbear suggested having clonedvd2 "write to an image" then use imgburn to burn the imageto dvd.

The other option is to let clonedvd2 create the usual VIDEO_TS folder then use imgburns "Write files/folders to disc" mode to burn to dvd

I basically no longer have problems burning dvds ( Taiyo Yudens burned at 4x speed ) since using imgburn to do the burning.

Something running on my system may interfer with clonedvd2's burning mode.

If this is the case - it does not interfer with imgburn's burning mode on my computer.

:bowdown:Thanks for the info "Just Curious"! Is it possible to provide me with step by step instructions how to do the burning the way you've been doing it then? Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

:clap:
:bowdown:

Take a step back

I'm using Verbatim discs & 4x speed. I made two copies of a dvd last night, but today is a repeat of previous problems when trying to copy some Planet Earth discs.

Let's drain the chemistry out of this scenario and look it straight-on

1. the error message you see is simply the hardware's bad status turned into a user-understandable form.

2. There is nothing that can or will be done in CloneDVD for this issue.

You've had CloneDVD since last August and the version has remained at 2930 all this time so the questions to ask are

- when did this write error problem start?
- "what's different"?

Software does not "break" in doing a given task over and over again but what DOES break is the environment or the envelope in which that software is performing that task, i.e. success ended with the new PC, new burner, different blanks, changed speed, and so on.

Software that does a task correctly a few times then not is usually not broken if you consider the previous paragraph. There is obviously a borderline condition on your machine and yours is not the first to show such behavior.

CloneDVD may be more sensitive to certain environmental factors that are known to interfere. So I'd like you to create a System Information log from AnyDVD and attach that here please.

start
all programs
slysoft
anydvd
there you see "AnyDVD System Information"

Run that and attach the ZIP file it creates. I'm sure you have something running on your machine that is interfering with CloneDVD's use of the burner.

Back