• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

writing to bluray disc

lasdlnx

I downloaded ImBurn and copied a bluray (minority report) as a test run for my first rip and burn. I bought Verbatim BD-R LTH type 25 GB 6x discs. When I put the disc into my bluray drive,, it isnt recognized as being there by the computer and anydvd HD.

Can someone help me?

J

Do you even have blu-ray burner since dvd-burner can't burn blu-ray disc or even read it.

From what you are saying it sure sounds like it.

Post log file if in doubt or list model number.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if all burners support LTH media. Furthermore, not all standalones support playback of LTH discs. Most importantly, I don't believe the quality and longevity of LTH discs is worth the cheaper price. I could be wrong but I see LTH dying off.

Verbatim discontinued LTH production due to limited support from manufacturers is what i've been told. Yes they're a bit cheaper, but the amount of players that actually support them is extremely limited. Think they have a list on their site with the supported models.

Strangely, I've found LTH discs to be more expensive, especially the TY ones. As to the burner support issue, we had a customer who complained to us as they said the LG burner (BH10LS30/38 ) we sold them wouldn't do LTH discs and they even got an official letter from LG tech support to back it up, at which stage I proved that the drive does write LTH by actually writing some discs and pointed out that the latest firmware upgrade on the LG site even states that it adds in settings for writing at least 2 types of LTH discs.

Firmware update

I have a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-205 in which I updated the firmware to 1.12 and can read and record LTH blu-ray discs, but have found that just like the in previous posts only a few stand alone blu-ray players can actually play these discs.

Back