• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Writing stops at 49%

KennethA

Hi
When I'm cloning a DVD everything goes fine, the data are cretaed and it starts to burn DVD. When it comes to 49% nothing nore happens!?
Meaning that "the sheep still are writing" and status under the bar indicates "writing" - but nothing happens... Have tried several times also just let it be, but it stands there for several hours...
I'm using a HP pc with DVD Writer dobbel layer using 12X
Pls help...

When it comes to 49% nothing nore happens!?
...Have tried several times also just let it be, but it stands there for several hours...
I'm using a HP pc with DVD Writer dobbel layer using 12X
Pls help...
What brand of blank dual layer disc are you using?

Try lowering your burn speed - I normally burn dual layer at 4x or less (12x sounds too excessive. Some Verbatims DL blanks are only rated at 8x. Burning blank DVD's is suggested at half the rated speed).

If it is always happens at 49%, this may be a problem related to burning onto the "second" layer after the "first" layer has completed.

Last edited:
What brand of blank dual layer disc are you using?

Try lowering your burn speed - I normally burn dual layer at 4x or less (12x sounds too excessive. Some Verbatims DL blanks are only rated at 8x. Burning blank DVD's is suggested at half the rated speed).

If it is always happens at 49%, this may be a problem related to burning onto the "second" layer after the "first" layer has completed.

I've tried Medion DVD +R 120min - Cloned titles
After this I've tried to make a Clone DVD all titles menus on a Sony DVD +R
And this one was ok... Oh.. I lowered the speed to 8x
So now I'll try to make a Clone titles on a Sony with lower Speed

Slower is really better

Opinions vary but if you want fewer aborted burns, better quality on the copy and one that plays in some months it's best to give the burner more time.

DLs will require more time as a matter of physics. The lower the speed, the safer it will be for DVD players to read. Also less chance of burn errors.

DLs should not be burned faster than 4x and as a general rule 4x will give you a much lower failure rate and long-life copies.

It's a matter of experience and learn-by-doing but your dealing with physical properties with some "soft" variables: blank quality, laser strength, etc.

Back