• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Writing ISO/UDT Image with ANYDVD2

flagmon

1. In CLONEDVD2 (latest version) the dropdown menu contains ISO file names that are no longer on the computer. Is there any way to delete those from the list.

2. Same question concerning dropdown menu for volume label.

Thanks

1. In CLONEDVD2 (latest version) the dropdown menu contains ISO file names that are no longer on the computer. Is there any way to delete those from the list.

2. Same question concerning dropdown menu for volume label.

Thanks

I guess not. I have CloneDVD2 also and I noticed that it memorizes the last 8 burned titles.

For those who know what they are doing...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\InputFilesPathHistory]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\InputImageFileHistory]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\OutputFilesPathHistory]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\OutputImageFileHistory]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\VideoFilesPath]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\VolumeLabelHistory]

Note: the different paths or volume names always have a trailing ^e as a separator.

I take no responsibility for someone messing up their registry!

Edit: Maybe an option to clear these lists will be added in a future release of CloneDVD2.

Edit 2: For CloneDVDmobile users check under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile]. The locations of the remembered paths and files are essentially the same and again ^e is used as the separator.

Last edited:
Rather that try to modify the registery, I also would like to have the option to clear these lists in ANYDVD2.

Hope a new release will come out with these options.

Rather that try to modify the registery, I also would like to have the option to clear these lists in ANYDVD2.

Hope a new release will come out with these options.

I'm definitely not recommending someone do it. I just provided the information as to where the info was located. ;)

Note, AnyDVD [and AnyDVD HD] only store 3 paths in the registry. One is for temporary files, the second is for scripts related to HD-DVD content and the last is the destination of ripped DVDs via the AnyDVD ripper functionality.

And, I agree, I hope to see these options added to AnyDVD/AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2 and CloneDVDmobile.

Being able to clear the history may save someone from having someone else know what DVDs they've been playing with recently.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Long time, very happy AnyDVD + CloneDVD user making his first post on the forums.

Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I've been searching the forums for the past hour and after not finding an answer or more recent thread, thought this was best to do.

Is there no progress on including a built-in function to clear the various paths and histories in CloneDVD2? This is really become such a huge annoyance for me as I have to keep editing the registry in order to clean out the menu mess presented in CloneDVD2.

I realize this may not be a huge problem for many people, but it's driving me crazy. I also have to imagine it's not a huge problem to code in a solution to the application. Just seems surprising to me that this thread originated in 2007 but nothing has yet been done to solve the problem.

Honestly not trying to be a prig here... really I'm not... Love the software... have found the community extremely helpful... I'm just surprised that what should be a relatively simply fix brought up in 2007 has yet to be addressed.

Thanks for reading.

-Stever

Nope no way to do so. You could try contacting elaborate bytes and suggest it to them, but for now maybe someone could knock you up a simple batch file or something that resets the list to empty.

Nope no way to do so. You could try contacting elaborate bytes and suggest it to them, but for now maybe someone could knock you up a simple batch file or something that resets the list to empty.

Thanks for the feedback. Sent an email to Elby support so I guess we'll see what happens.

Beyond that, never thought about doing a batch file to clear out the reg entries. I've done a few batch files in my time but nothing to affect the registry. Still, double-clicking a bat file would be highly preferable to having to manually edit the registry.

Clearing CloneDVD Menu/Registry Values

Just for the record, I sent an email request to Elby and here's the response I received...

Thank you for your e-mail.

Windows itself keeps track of recently visited/used files and displays them in
the selection field.

You can deinstall and reinstall CloneDVD, then the list disappears.

Kind regards,
elby Support

First off... recommending to "deinstall and reinstall CloneDVD" to clear those values? That's some wonderful support right there. Sheez.

Second, I'm not sure what they mean by the part of Windows keeping track of those values itself. Is that supposed to be a reason/excuse why they can't/won't build in the feature to CloneDVD? Surely CloneDVD can write to (i.e. clear out) it's own registry entries, correct? Or, is Windows literally the only 'application' that can write to the registry? It can't be... I have several utilities that specifically go in and clean up the registry, so Elby certainly can do this from within CloneDVD.

I asked Elby for clarification but haven't heard anything back.

I'm just disappointed that what should be such an easy feature to develop is so easily dismissed by the devs. Then again, maybe I'm the only person frustrated with this issue.

It just occurred to me as a possible work-around to this problem...

Instead of writing a batch file to perform the specific changes, first go in and manually clear out and set the appropriate registry entries as you want them. Then export the CloneDVD registry entry to your desktop. Now, whenever you want to reset those registry entries, simply double-click the reg file on the desktop to apply. It'll reset the entire CloneDVD reg but that *shouldn't* be a problem.

In practice this method works just fine. The only real drawback is that it resets the entire ConeDVD2 registry back to the state of the exported reg file. So, any other preferences or settings changes you've made will be reverted as well. Certainly not ideal, but since I seem to make almost no changes to prefs/settings, I'm going to give this a try unless/until someone (or me) comes up with a batch file that can clear out just those very specific registry entries.

Last edited:
Back