• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WriteDVD 10 11 W2

Rand0m411

7 years burning no problem, all of the sudden 9 coasters in a row... Where do I start? What info do you need?

Thanks

Many possibilities for why things are failing.

• Bad/substandard blank media
  • Dying drive
  • Operating system conflicts
  • Recent installed/updated software conflicts
  • Write speed too fast for media

Recently I received two batches (50 disc cake boxes) of dual layer media that failed writes 90+%. I already know the branded media was not the best (Memorex), but never had this high a failure rate. What is the brand of media you are using?

Burning your media with a different program, such as the free Imgburn would help eliminate/confirm CloneDVD as the problem. Set the output in CloneDVD to either files/folder or ISO image and use Imgburn to burn the media. If the write still fails CloneDVD is not the problem.

Burning at the rated speed is not recommended. If the media is rated for 16x, burning at 8x will significantly reduce errors. Burning at half-speed is best. What speed is your media and how fast are you burning it?

If there are OS/software conflicts, an AnyDVD log file would help in determining that.

Try burning media from a different batch, and/or a better brand if using a bargain brand such as Memorex. Verbatim Datalife is one of the best and many people here agree it is worth the price.

Last edited:
Using Memorex, never had trouble with Memorex though, I've gone through a few hundred of them. I burn at x4 or sometimes x8 max. I'm trying Imgburn now, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions.

Using Memorex, never had trouble with Memorex though, I've gone through a few hundred of them. I burn at x4 or sometimes x8 max. I'm trying Imgburn now, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions.

I was happy with Memorex too, very few problems for years, and now it seems they are having a MAJOR Quality Control problem. I won't be throwing away money on them again. I learned a US$100 lesson I won't be repeating.

I kinda figured you might be experiencing the same garbage media problems I was, and as it turns out I was right.

Well Imgburn failed also. It gets anywhere from 89% to 99% then fails. Same with CloneDVD.

What happen is I was unable to burn M.I.4, Anydvd could not decode it. So I installed a trial version of DVDFabQT which also failed. I have not been able to successfully burn since. I then immediately uninstalled DVDFabQT and it still wont complete a burn. Which leads me to believe if my drive is dying it has some incredible timing. Anyone know what the installation of DVDFabQT might have done to make my burns not finish? I have gone through services, and nothing. I cleaned my registry and such.

I'm going to use a different blank now just to make sure it's not the media. :bang:

The latest version of AnyDVD - v7.0.4.0 - handles Ghost Protocol as it should.

As for Memorex blank media... it's always been considered far from good quality and always will be. ImgBurn failing indicates the problem isn't CloneDVD. So, time to look at the media and the drive.

Make sure you are using AnyDVD 7.0.4.0 and make sure you are using CloneDVD2 2.9.3.0. From there, I'd suggest making sure the DVD drive is clean and investing in some better blank media.

Please post an AnyDVD log file of MI4. Either you are not using the most recent AnyDVD version, easy to fix, or you might have some serious driver conflict problems that would show up in an AnyDVD log file, not as easy to fix but doable since you have Imgburn now.

Yeah that attempt on M.I.4 was before 7.0.4.0 came out. I have it installed and I have M.I.4 saved to an .iso using clonedvd days ago. So thats all good. Right now I am trying to burn 'The Tempest' from a saved .iso and it's whats getting the failed writes at 89%-99% done.

I normally use single layer, but i tried one of my double layer dvd's just to use different media and it finished the burn. So it looks like I have hit some bad media. I also cleaned my drive a couple days ago. I'll be buying some better discs. It's just weird that I have gone through spindles and now I'm getting failures. :doh:

Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated.

Back