• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WriteDVD 10 11 W2

zip file

I have successfully opened the zip file and put the file onto my desktop but when I double click the file that is when it says cannot open this type of file.

I have successfully opened the zip file and put the file onto my desktop but when I double click the file that is when it says cannot open this type of file.

Ohhh . . .

Hmm, Maybe I will test it.

Ohhh . . .

Hmm, Maybe I will test it.

Oh yeah, Detroitbaseball, it's a .RIC (not a .exe or anything) file that probably needs to be loaded into a Ricoh firmware loader program. Can you find something for Melly to use, please? Thanks

I need to go away for about 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks both of you!

Thank you for this up to the minute help I really appreciate it more than you know! I have been fumbling with this problem for a while. I guess I should have joined this forum before!

Last edited:
I followed your instructions

I unzipped it and read the read me file and when I clicked start this is what came up?

Cannot change Drive to Up Mode.

*** NG ** NG ** NG ***

Make sure Selected Target Drive.

I unzipped it and read the read me file and when I clicked start this is what came up?

Cannot change Drive to Up Mode.

*** NG ** NG ** NG ***

Make sure Selected Target Drive.

1. Ensure you have Rflash.exe and M72_0119.ric in the same location (extract them to your desktop or something)
2. Run Rflash.exe
3. The source file should automatically be listed as M72_0119.ric
4. In the "target drive" drop down box, select the drive letter or whatever it is corresponding to your burner
(this is area is blank for me, because I don't have a Ricoh drive)
5. Remove any disc from that burner.

Then I assume you click "next". I can't really help you further with your firmware upgrade, because I don't have the drive.

Last edited:

Yes, I did all of that. Maybe it is not a ricoh?

hmmm?

I clicked on backup f/w and it said that I have cdrwfw00.ric

Yes, I did all of that. Maybe it is not a ricoh?

Can you run Nero Infotool for me please, and tell me what drive you have?

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html

Or Click on the red fox icon on your toolbar, select "status" on the left, select the drive tab letter on the right, and copy and paste the info here?

For example, "No Disc is present in Drive E:!
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00"

This tells me I have a Plextor PX-760A.

You said you had "DVD+RW RW5240"
I'm pretty sure that's a Ricoh.

Edit: In step 4 above, are you unable to select your burner?

Last edited:

No Disc is present in Drive D:!
DVD+RW RW5240 1.12 031002RICEA17029533

I am going to reboot real quick brb

In reply to your edit

under target drive I only have one selection available and it says:
cdrom0: RICOH programloader 701.31

In progress

It looks to be updating think I will have to reboot again so brb

Last edited:
Well well well

It has upgraded!! After I rebooted it said found new hardware, which was my dvd drive, so hopefully this will work out my problems. Now I realize why I had such a hard time trying to figure out how to upgrade my firmware. If it wasn't for your help I probably would have never figured it out. Hopefully this solves my errors, I will try burning movie files that I already have copied to see what happens. THANKS very much!

It has upgraded!! After I rebooted it said found new hardware, which was my dvd drive, so hopefully this will work out my problems. Now I realize why I had such a hard time trying to figure out how to upgrade my firmware. If it wasn't for your help I probably would have never figured it out. Hopefully this solves my errors, I will try burning movie files that I already have copied to see what happens. THANKS very much!

You're welcome, but I'm not sure a firmware upgrade is going to fix everything for you. Please read my previous post.

Looking good so far

I have read your previous post and the thread and have followed all of your directions. I do have nero cd dvd speed but my options were greyed out so I downloaded imgburn and have changed my settings. Hopefully everything goes well, I will post back in about 15 minutes to tell you if the movie works or not. Thank you again for all of your help!

Excellent!

Well it seems you solved all of my problems! I just burned a dvd!! Without errors and it even works! Much love to ya! I would say thanks again but you are probably getting sick of me saying that lol But anyways THANKS!!!!

Back