• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WriteDVD 10 11 W2 error; only change is windows 7 installed

raidalg

Hello. I have attempted to follow the instructions and have tried this using the latest beta's of AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

The requested files are attached.

My problem is this. On both of my PC's, I have successfully used AnyDVD and Clone DVD with the Taiyo Yuden TYG03 media for quite a while on both PC's with Vista. After installing windows 7 from scratch on one PC, and with no other installs, I received the error. I was in a hurry so finished burning on the other machine while it was still Vista. Now the other machine is also clean installed windows 7 pro 64bit. I have installed Kaspersky internet suite for protection and a game or so, but nothing that will interfere with CloneDVD.

Here is how the error looks: After inserting the blank media, the status says writing but the status bar does not increment. After several minutes, I get the error as seen in the attachment. I notice the DVD has been written to on approx. 1/4 of its area. This has happened 8 times now with different movies and trying different versions of CloneDVD, tweaking Kaspersky settings, etc.

Some more info: I used CloneDVD to create an ISO of the movie in the attachments. This was successful. I used the windows 7 burning utility to burn the ISO to disc and that was successful and plays in my DVD player.

Please help me to fix this. The DVD's are water resistant printable ink-jets and aren't cheap. I can't afford to keep making coasters. I haven't made a coaster in several hundred burns with any of this hardware until installing windows 7. I have verified the latest burner firmware, motherboard chip-set drivers, Intel matrix storage manager, and hardware drivers.

FYI both PC's are Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Both processors are Quad core, one is a Q6600 in an Intel 975X mobo with 4GB of RAM, and the other is a QX9550 in an Asus X38 mobo with 8GB of RAM and both systems have been stable for over a year with Vista.

Thanks in advance for your help! :bowdown:

Attachments

• debug info failure 1.zip
    19 KB · Views: 2
  • DVD media identifier results.txt
    610 bytes · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_6.6.0.1_Info_D_ICE_AGE_3.zip
    88.2 KB · Views: 4
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822

Your drive's firmware is outdated.

1. Update your drive's firmware: http://www.samsungodd.com/Eng/Firmw...rchMode=&PageNumber=3&product_code=SDR&os_no=

Speed: 12x

2. Use an 8x burn speed

3. Try disabling KIS while burning (both firewall and antivirus)

One person has reported that Zonealarm (Kaspersky is responsible for Zonealarm's antivirus software) has caused this problem: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=34153

Thanks for your help. I will try your suggestions and post the results.

I did check the regular Samsung support website for an update and it didn't show one. I didn't know about the odd site. Thanks for showing me that!!

I've confirmed that the combo of un-installing Kaspersky and installing the firmware has fixed my problem. Kaspersky was also causing crashes in Fallout 3 in full screen mode. Both problems fixed by uninstalling that garbage. That is the last time I trust any "protection" software. I remember when Kaspersky was the best now they are just another Norton.

Thanks for your help Webslinger!

Pass the word about Kaspersky!

Are you sure Kaspersky was causing this WriteDVD 10 11 W2 error?
What version was it?

Anyway, if you want to switch to something else, 3 moderators here use and recommend Eset (including myself).

Try Eset Smart Security. Here's a 10% off coupon code: http://www.eset.com/rome/
It has the longest running number of awards from Virus Bulletin (independent monthly virus testing)

Here's a 30 day free trial: http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download.php

Anyway, it's good that your problem is resolved. :clap:

Last edited:
I spoke too soon. the next one I tried to burn failed. I have been able to burn iso's successfully using the windows 7 utility so I will use CloneDVD to make the iso and the windows utility to burn until this is resolved.

My Kaspersky was the internet protection suite and the latest version. With it installed, I could not burn at any speed using CloneDVD, without it, I got one good and one bad. It also crashed my Fallout 3 until it was removed. Now the game is smooth.

Any other suggestions on what to try with the error? I burned with this hardware and Clone DVD at max write speeds using this media and never got a coaster until I installed Windows 7. I just burned several movies a few days before installing Windows 7 with no problems.

Sincerely,

Mike

I spoke too soon. the next one I tried to burn failed. I have been able to burn iso's successfully using the windows 7 utility so I will use CloneDVD to make the iso and the windows utility to burn until this is resolved.

I'm a little confused as to why you're making .iso files, but that's not really the problem anyway.

Any other suggestions on what to try with the error?

Well Taiyo Yuden is usually pretty good to excellent. But it's possible that
you got some bad blanks. It's rare, but it happens.

Here's what I would do:

1) Visit Intel's website and update your chipset drivers

2) Try some Verbatim Datalife Plus (if you're in the U.S., I think newegg carries them online)

3) Try another burner

I burned with this hardware and Clone DVD at max write speeds using this media

Yeah . . . you probably shouldn't be doing that. You'd be burning at 20x to 16x rated media. Seriously, do try an 8 burn speed.

Other than that, I'm out of suggestions unfortunately.

Kaspersky is the anti virus that zone alarm used and with zonealarm the only way I could get past these errors was to put the clonedvd2.exe as a trusted process. I Had this problem with xp and when I updated to windows.

Back