• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

write speeds

mimaro46

will changing from a 7200 rpm hard drive to a solid state drive improve the read write speeds with anydvd and clone dvd?

it may increase the write speeds of anydvd to harddrive. Note i said "MAY", it's more likely that it will have no impact at all as the main factor here is how fast the drive can feed the data to anydvd. The same is true for cloneDVD. Although it could get the data faster from the SSD to the burner, it will not affect the write speed. As no change to SSD will make your burner burn faster than it's maximum speed possible

will changing from a 7200 rpm hard drive to a solid state drive improve the read write speeds with anydvd and clone dvd?

You will notice an over-all improvement with Windows performance, I upgraded to SSDs myself a while back on two of my Win 7 Desktop PCs, but not much difference if any when reading from and or writing to your optical drive(s). Optical drives are slow no matter what.

If you use CloneDVD to shrink the size of the output there will be some noticeable increase in speed, but still nothing spectacular.

imgburn's AWS won't have any effect on the burner speed. You can swap to sata all you want, hell you can a lightning fast system. It still won't make a 16x drive suddenly burn at 20x nor make its read speed increase from eg 12x to 16x. no matter how fast the harddrive is

imgburn's AWS won't have any effect on the burner speed. You can swap to sata all you want, hell you can a lightning fast system. It still won't make a 16x drive suddenly burn at 20x nor make its read speed increase from eg 12x to 16x. no matter how fast the harddrive is

5 writer drives (4 DVD-RW, 1 BD-writer) in 3 desktop PCs, I've put the exact same blank disc in all five drives and Imgburn has given me differing write speed available for the blank disc. One drive even reported to Imgburn it could write a speed (20x) the media was not rated for (16x).

I am not all that concerned about the speed a drive reads from or writes to, unless it is abnormally and excessively slow. I'm more concerned that a written disc is going to last a while before it starts having read errors. I burn most blanks at half the reported speed the drive can handle, many months later still no read errors. When I used to burn at or near the highest rated speed discs many started degrading after a couple of months.

@furry: I doubt all 4 DVD drives are the same model. The blank discs have several write speed descriptors saying at which speed they can be burned. From what I can tell only the 5 most highest speeds at which the discs can be burned are listed by IMGBurn based I on the drive model. If the dive can only burn at 12x there's no point for IMGBurn to request a higher speed. If the blanks weren't rated for those higher speeds there wouldn't be a write speed descriptor for it on the disc.

But that is all besides the question of the op. The question is it changing from a standard rpm HDD to an ssd will affect wired speeds to the ssd, or if an ssd will make a disc get burnt faster. The answer is simple. No it won't for the reasons I've stated above.

I don't know what models or blanks you using but the DVD+r I used from verbatim labelled 16x with I'd mkm-004 burnt with my DVD burner listed in my dog at 20x work just fine after a year or longer. A big contributor to that is how you treat your discs and how you store them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Back