• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

write speeds?

Squeeker The Cat

so if i have an 8x dvd whats a good speed is optimum write speed? is there a chart?
i ask cause i have these discs coming this week sometime.

is there a chart?

8x = ?
16x = ?

thanks

so if i have an 8x dvd whats a good speed is optimum write speed? is there a chart?

Not really. It kind of depends on your burner. Don't go lower than 4x. Update your burner's firmware. I'd stick to about 8x--and maybe 12x if I felt lucky and knew that my burner supported that media well at 12x.

Last edited:
Not really. It kind of depends on your burner. Don't go lower than 4x. Update your burner's firmware. I'd stick to about 8x--and maybe 12x if I felt lucky and new that my burner supported that media well at 12x.

ok. also is it really that important to even install the burners software? i ask cause i have just never done it before?

i have a liteon not sure what model its only 1 1/2 years old....it came with a disc i never even looked at it lol cause i have never before installed the disc's that came with drives

so im stupid with this stuff and am having a hard time figuring it out..do i change it all every time i copy?

weird.well im learning as i go along....you have been more than helpful in this post and the others in these last few days thank you very much

ok so obviously i have to change it when there is a disk in..........then what>?

just read your firmware update....it was good reading. i do infact need to update mine...ill do it in the morning.....

Last edited:
ok so obviously i have to change it when there is a disk in..........

No. If you select "save setting", everything should be fine. I'm pretty sure with Lite-on's bitsetting utility, you don't need to keep changing stuff. You just do it once.

then what>?

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476, and follow the steps (you should be able to ignore step 3)

By the way, you may not have the latest Anydvd update. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=167135&postcount=1

Last edited:
ok so i figured out which dvd drive i have lol sorry it took so long to write back in here anyway i have this LITE-ON

so you think 8x is a good write speed? what if the disk im using has an 8x max write speed do i still use 8x?

Back