Write error?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by scurbiedog, Mar 29, 2007.

1. scurbiedog

scurbiedog Member

My Clonedvd has been working fine,just bought it two months ogo,but now its been pushing out the blank dvd and saying a write error has happened but when I put the blank back in it writes fine and the blank when finished, plays fine. does anyone know about this and what do I need to do to make it work correctly?

2. scurbiedog

scurbiedog Member

I just tried something, I've been using Maxell 16x dvd-r and I had just bought a new case of Memorex 16x-r and thats when I started having problems ,not right away it took a few times but now I get the write error when Clonedvd is ready to write the disc. I still had a few Maxells and tried and this time no error. Does anyone know what this may be?

3. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Memorex

There may have been a time when the "Is it live or is it Memorex?" was true, but these days Memorex DVDs are known as "coasters". I have even had problems on some of their CD-R media. Do a search for Memorex (above) and you will see that is a majority opinion.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

As mmdavis is saying (who I agree with here) . . .
    Not all Memorex is bad, but a lot is a bit sketchy. The same can also be said for Maxell's commercial stuff.

However, Maxell media that's made in Japan is very good.

Media codes would help make a deciding opinion a little better than simply stating Maxell or Memorex.

You may also want to update your burner's firmware.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007