• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Write error?

scurbiedog

My Clonedvd has been working fine,just bought it two months ogo,but now its been pushing out the blank dvd and saying a write error has happened but when I put the blank back in it writes fine and the blank when finished, plays fine. does anyone know about this and what do I need to do to make it work correctly?

I just tried something, I've been using Maxell 16x dvd-r and I had just bought a new case of Memorex 16x-r and thats when I started having problems ,not right away it took a few times but now I get the write error when Clonedvd is ready to write the disc. I still had a few Maxells and tried and this time no error. Does anyone know what this may be?

Memorex

I just tried something, I've been using Maxell 16x dvd-r and I had just bought a new case of Memorex 16x-r and thats when I started having problems ,not right away it took a few times but now I get the write error when Clonedvd is ready to write the disc. I still had a few Maxells and tried and this time no error. Does anyone know what this may be?

There may have been a time when the "Is it live or is it Memorex?" was true, but these days Memorex DVDs are known as "coasters". I have even had problems on some of their CD-R media. Do a search for Memorex (above) and you will see that is a majority opinion.

I still had a few Maxells and tried and this time no error. Does anyone know what this may be?

As mmdavis is saying (who I agree with here) . . .
Not all Memorex is bad, but a lot is a bit sketchy. The same can also be said for Maxell's commercial stuff.

However, Maxell media that's made in Japan is very good.

Media codes would help make a deciding opinion a little better than simply stating Maxell or Memorex.

You may also want to update your burner's firmware.

Last edited:
Back