• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Write at speed 1x

Hevo

Hi

I try to set writing speed to 1x or 2x, but it always burns at 8x, whatever I set it. I even tried a new profile, but it doesn't help.

Thank you for any idea
Hevp

are you sure your burner has a 1x or 2x writing strategy ? you can probably find out using mediacodespeededit or dvdinfo and maybe one of the free nero tools.

Does this mean: Nothing wrong with CloneCD, just the burner ignores the command?

I see the byte/sec and the total time to burn the while CD.

I cannot tell the exact figures, because I now have a burn running with an old liteon burner connected. There it says 390 kbyte(2.22) and the time is also very long now. (36 Min and still 89% only). Hopefully this burn works better.

YES - IT WORKS !!!

So I will keep this old burner installed for cases like this.

Of course it would be nice if CloneCD could switch a new burner to lower speed as well.

Best regards and thanks
Hevo

some newer (faster burners) cannot burn at 1x or 2x.

Back in the 90's the Redbook standard recommended to burn music CDs at 1x speed. However, back then the writers were only capable of burning 1x/2x and had no burn proof functions.

The firmware of modern drives doesn't allow such slow speeds anymore.

Back in the 90's the Redbook standard recommended to burn music CDs at 1x speed. However, back then the writers were only capable of burning 1x/2x and had no burn proof functions.

The firmware of modern drives doesn't allow such slow speeds anymore.

While that's true and while no one should be burning that slowly anyway, I don't believe that I've seen a drive that has 8x write speed as its lowest setting.

Back