• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Would Love to Buy, Can't

More digression: I remember sending a student to the machine shop to get a micrometer. When he returned, he said, "He's not here". There are some times where you are better off doing it yourself. This was one of those times.

By some miracle, divine intervention, alien interference, or blind luck, I did finally get this to work. I now have a lifetime license for AnyDVDHD. It really should not have been this difficult, but it is what it is.

I have chronicled my long and arduous journey in the form of the following screenshots, may they assist you on your long trek across the cyberplain as well.

I paid with Bitcoin, and used a U.S.-based bitcoin provider, Circle Pay. There is actually another guide on this forum for Circle Pay (which I followed at first), but my experience ended up being a little more involved.

To complete this procedure, you will need a debit card from your bank, your driver's license or state-issued picture ID, and an Android or Apple smartphone.

1. We will start with the main Redfox order page:

[01]-Redfox-Main-Order.png

Add the products you'd like to purchase, then click Checkout.

2. Fill out your personal information on Redfox's order page, then click Next:

[02]-Redfox-Order-Page-1.png

3. Review your order data, and note the amount of Bitcoin you will be paying. You don't need to write it down, but just make a mental note. Click Order when you're ready.

[03]-Redfox-Order-Page-3.png

4. You will now get a final order page from Redfox that contains a QR code and a Bitcoin address (a long series of letters and numbers). This is a very important page. Leave this page up in its own tab while you do the remaining steps.

[04]-Redfox-Order-Page-4.png

5. You are going to use Circle Pay as your payment processor. The purpose of Circle Pay is that it will use your bank debit card to withdraw money from your bank account, it will convert it to Bitcoin, and then send the Bitcoin to Redfox.

Go to the Circle Pay web site and create an account (if you don't already have one). Creating the account requires an e-mail address, choosing a password, and then verifying your e-mail. (Circle will send an e-mail to you, and it will contain a link you will have to click). Once you have completed these steps, your account will be created and verified. Now log into your Circle Pay account:

[05]-Circle-Pay-Login.png

6. There is an option in the settings of your Circle Pay account to use 2-factor authentication, which I normally do. I turned it on, and upon subsequent logins, it asked me to type in the 2-factor authentication code from Google Authenticator:

[06]-Circle-Pay-2FA.png

This is an optional step, but one that can increase your security. You can read more about the Google Authenticator and 2-factor authentication here.

7. Once you are logged into Circle, it is recommended that you switch the currency on your account to Bitcoin. This lets you see your account balances and transfers in terms of Bitcoin rather than dollars. To do this, go to the pull-down menu in the upper right with your name on it, select Settings, then select Currency. Change the currency to Bitcoin:

[06B]-Circle-Pay-Currency.png

8. Next is to add a payment method. This is where you will link your debit card to the Circle account so that circle can transfer money out of your bank account for conversion to Bitcoin. To do this, go to the pull-down menu in the upper right with your name on it, select Settings, then select Cards and Banks. Add your debit card:

[06A]-Circle-Pay-Cards-and-Banks.png

Circle does have an option to add a credit card instead of a debit card, but there are 3-4% fees associated with credit card use. Debit cards incur no fee, so I recommend that.

As a side note, you may ask how Circle is going to make money if there is no fee for debit card use. The answer is that when Circle converts your dollars to Bitcoin, you will be getting an exchange rate that is less than what it should be. Thus for payment with Circle, you will have to pay a few percent more dollars to get the same amount of Bitcoin that you would get if you bought Bitcoins at the actual exchange rate. In this transaction, the raw exchange rate for 0.15065021 would be $88.55, but Circle's exchange rate made that $90.72. That means I paid a fee of $2.17.

9. After you've added a payment method, the next step is to buy Bitcoins. (For me, this was actually interrupted by the ID validation that I'll go through in the next steps, although some people have said that Circle didn't ask them to do that. I guess I'm special.) What this will do is transfer dollars from your bank account using your debit card, and put Bitcoins in your circle account. Click on the Account link at the top, and then the Buy Bitcoin button:

[08]-Circle-Account.png

Once you click on the Buy Bitcoin button, it will begin the ID verification process:

[09]-Circle-Verify-ID.png

If for whatever reason you are not asked to verify your ID, then do not complete the Buy Bitcoin process, but instead go to the Send Money process in step 12.

10. I started going through the ID verification process, but they need 3 things: Photo of the front of your driver's license, photo of the back of your driver's license, and a picture of yourself. This requires a webcam attached to your desktop computer in order to do it on the desktop. I did not have a webcam, so when I got to the end, it told me to verify my ID using their mobile app, which will allow you to take pictures of the driver's license and a selfie.

[10]-Circle-Verify-ID-2.png

[12]-Circle-Verify-ID-3.png

[13]-Circle-Verify-ID-4.png

[15]-Circle-Verify-ID-5.png

11. So, at this point I downloaded the Circle app on my Android phone. I don't have screenshots from there, but basically you need to take a picture of the front of your driver's license, the back of your driver's license, and then take a selfie. The app then uploads all 3 to Circle, and it verifies that the ID is valid and that the selfie matches the ID picture. This only took a few minutes and then the Circle web site said I was verified:

[16]-Circle-ID-Confirmation.png

12. So now you sign back into Circle. Interestingly, once you are verified, you no longer will have to do the payment transaction in 2 steps like we were starting to do before (1. Buy Bitcoin, 2. Send Bitcoin to Redfox). Now you can do it all in one step. Click the Send Money link at the top:

[17]-Circle-Pay-Details-2.png

Fill out the form as follows:

A. Copy the Bitcoin address from the Redfox window you still have open in another tab (the one from step 4) into the "Send To" field.
B. Copy the Bitcoin amount from the Redfox window you still have open in another tab (the one from step 4) into the "Amount" field. The screenshot above shows a dollar symbol in there, but I think this was just a glitch. Yours should not show a dollar symbol in the Amount field, and the units should be BTC (Bitcoin).
C. Choose your debit card from the payment methods.
D. Click continue.

13. Review the transaction details. If you have Google 2-factor authentication turned on, you will need to enter the code form the Google Authenticator. Then click Send Money.

[18]-Circle-Pay-Confirm.png

(Splitting this into 2 messages due to forum limits).

14. Once you click Send Money, Circle will take you back to the Account page and show that the sending is in progress:

[19]-Circle-Pay-Sent.png

15. If you want, click the transaction in the Activity list to see the details. It will show the transaction as Pending:

[20]-Circle-Pay-Status.png

OK, now Circle has done the following: It withdrew dollars from your bank account using your debit card, it converted the dollars to Bitcoin, and it then sent the Bitcoin to Redfox's payment address.

16. To get some detailed insight on the progress of the Bitcoin transaction, there is a web site you can go to that shows the status of an individual transaction, it's called Blockchain.info. I don't pretend to know a whole lot about how Bitcoin works, but the basic gist is that these transactions are actually math problems that are done by the computers behind the scenes. All the math from different transactions is chained together, and therefore each transaction can be confirmed as legitimate or not by repeating the math problems on another computer and verifying that the math links properly to other transactions.

Your transaction that you just sent is going to be "confirmed" by other computers to make sure it's legitimate. Blockchain.info can show you how many other computers have confirmed your transaction. Redfox will consider the transaction complete once there is at least 1 confirmation. Circle will not show the transaction complete until there are at least 4 confirmations.

Go to Blockchain.info, and take the Bitcoin address that Redfox showed you in the tab you saved back in step 4, and paste it into the search field on Blockchain.info. You will get a screen from Blockchain.info that shows the status of the transaction going to that Bitcoin address:

[21]-Blockchain-Info.png

Note the red box at the bottom right that says that the transaction is unconfirmed.

Now you wait a few minutes for the first 1 or 2 confirmations:

[21A]-Blockchain-Info---2-Confirms.png

Once you get 1 or 2 confirmations, Redfox will complete the purchase (copy and paste the URL from the Redfox tab you saved back in step 4, and paste the URL into a new tab to reload the page):

[23]-Redfox-Order-Completed---License-Key.png

At this point, Redfox will e-mail you your payment confirmation and license key, or you can download the license key file using the link in the web page above.

17. Continue watching Blockchain.info, and once you get at least 4 confirmations (which may take 45 minutes to an hour), then Circle will show that the transaction is completed:

[21B]-Blockchain-Info---5-Confirms.png

[22]-Circle-Pay-Account.png

If you click on the transaction in the Activity list, you'll see the details page, and it will now show the transaction as Complete:

[24]-Circle-Pay-Status-Completed.png

In summary, don't let anyone tell you that this is really easy or takes only a few minutes. It's not that easy, and it took me nearly an hour to figure all of this out and get everything organized. You can probably do it faster with this guide now, but it still will take a little while.

Anyhow, this method worked for me, I make no guarantees of it working for anyone else. If it helps you, you're welcome!

Redfox, I hope you can appreciate the difficulty of actually purchasing your product even with the easiest Bitcoin method there is. I don't want to see you guys fold due to lack of profit, but you need to realize that you are losing sales left and right simply because the payment process is so difficult. You're absolutely leaving money on the table and you need to address the situation before it costs you the viability of the company.

Wow, I read through what you had to go through to get a license, and I sit in amazement.

I've been lucky, because after I set up bitcoin, I ended up 3 different times purchasing an AnyDVD HD license.

All 3 times the process went off without a hitch.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome to the Project.

EDIT: I do have the Circle app on my Android phone, but did not use it at all when I did my 3 RedFox purchases. I think for my next RedFox purchase, I'll do exactly like what you did and see how it goes.

I just made a account with coinbase for my wallet and then boughtthe bitcoins need ftom bitcoin ranger.com one phone call from the company just to verify it was me and purchased the needed bit coins with my Visa card easy as pie no need for photo Id or anything BitcoinRanger is a usa seller and prompt and courteous.
1- create your wallet.
2- go to https://www.bitcoinranger.com/ and purchase what you need to pay forRedfox products.
3- Wait for the verifactaion phone call from bitcoin ranger they will approve it then you can check out and you will have your bitcoins in your wallet within a few minutes keep in mind this is only for the USA.
4- Purchase Redfox products..

Last edited:
I read and followed it as well and I must say way to long to just make a purchase. I waited and try multiple times with my Visa and finally waiting a half a month tried again and called my CC/Bank Visa and a hour later tried and it work. Far less challenging then the poster going with bitcoin.

Error 66 means you have to call your bank and authorize. Thats all.
So it means I have to "call my bank to authorize" (I can do that) - what happens when I do? - do I need to resubmit my order or will the existing order go through (or IS there an existing order - does "failed" mean the complete process was scrubbed))?

ADDENDA: Shortly after submitting this order, I received an e-mail fraud alert from my bank asking if the transaction was recognized. I verified that it was, and the response was that I was free to going back to using my card - however - when I tried to resubmit my order for my LTL, as soon as I click on the "Checkout" button, up pops the same "Finished" page with the "order not processed" message. I can't get beyond that to replace the order, so it appears that I'm stuck at this point in time. Any suggestions??? Will the original order go through at some point??

Last edited:
So it means I have to "call my bank to authorize" (I can do that) - what happens when I do? - do I need to resubmit my order or will the existing order go through (or IS there an existing order - does "failed" mean the complete process was scrubbed))?
Yes, resubmit and call your bank to let them know you authorize the transaction to China.

Usually you need to call the number on the back of your card, if there is none call your bank and tell them to authorize the payment then try again.

Wow!!! Really fast response - kudos!! Will try that - unfortunately no phones nearby (and I don't have my cell with me) so will call later and try again. Hope then, the order site will allow me to the next page. Thanks.

ADDENDA: Shortly after submitting this order, I received an e-mail fraud alert from my bank asking if the transaction was recognized. I verified that it was, and the response was that I was free to going back to using my card - however - when I tried to resubmit my order for my LTL, as soon as I click on the "Checkout" button, up pops the same "Finished" page with the "order not processed" message. I can't get beyond that to replace the order, so it appears that I'm stuck at this point in time. Any suggestions??? Will the original order go through at some point??
You need to clear your cache or or use a different browser.

I waited 24 hours and tried again (after the e-mail from my bank yesterday asking for verification) and the submission went right through. Thanks Guys - I'm now part of the "skulk" again.

Will the Mastercard problem be sorted before the discount period ends ?
If not, any other way to pay you (apart from Bitcoin)? Thanks

Back