• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Worth upgrading from PowerDVD 17 Ultra to PowerDVD 20 Ultra?

George++

I don't really plan on dealing with UHD Blu-ray discs. The BDs I do have and plan on buying in the future are not UHD. 17 can play from BD ISOs, so that part is already covered.

Any reason(s) to upgrade from 17 to 20 that would make spending US$70 worth the investment?

I have Power2Go 11, and I really don't see any need to go to 13. I didn't even know I owned it, have never used it.

I don't really plan on dealing with UHD Blu-ray discs. The BDs I do have and plan on buying in the future are not UHD. 17 can play from BD ISOs, so that part is already covered.

Any reason(s) to upgrade from 17 to 20 that would make spending US$70 worth the investment?
IIRC 17 & 18 had the video level wrong on 4K displays with Nvidia cards. If this isn't a problem for you, don't upgrade. 20 has no 3D support, if you need or want that.

That's why I keep 10 and 16-19 on my Win10 Pro laptop.

I don't have any 3D Blu-ray discs right now (I lost the ones that I had when I moved some time ago) but it's nice to have software that can play those movies when I need to.

IIRC 17 & 18 had the video level wrong on 4K displays with Nvidia cards. If this isn't a problem for you, don't upgrade. 20 has no 3D support, if you need or want that.
I doubt I will be doing anything 4K for the foreseeable future, and 3D is just as unlikely.

Thank you for the replies, James and whatever. :)

I have a small collection of 'regular' BDs that I will be backing up. I don't have a 4K UHD stand-alone player, and I'm more than happy with the picture quality BD has. I don't have a home theater.

There was no point of me upgrading PowerDVD 18 to 20 and reclock is not supported. Need that for some of my region 2 DVD's and BD's. Plus I don't think I'll ever get UHD's anyway.

Back