• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Won't Burn with brand new media

noneya

Situation: A few days ago, I successfully made a copy. It burned fine, played fine.

AnyDVD, CloneDVD, Windows 7.

The drive will play video just won't seem to burn any more.

I ran into trouble with CloneDVD always saying "Media Write Error". Tried two different brands of media. Verbatim, and memorex. Both are failing. Memorex is brand new, yet always same error.

(Also, as a peripheral note, suddenly I'm getting the same sort of results when I try now to burn MP3 audio to a CD. Says "media is no good" or some such error, yet the media comes from a brand new spindle, and music has burned successfully to this media quite recently.)

Decided to test things with the exact same movie that was successfully copied only days ago.

"Writing to video media was not successful. media write error
A write error occured, probably caused by bad media. Please replace the media and try again."

Video is Criterion Collection 3:10 to Yuma.
Output method is DVD writer.

Attachments

• Log File of error 310 to Yuma Nov 25 attempt.txt
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
Maybe your burner is defective?

Maybe your burner is defective?

Yes, maybe. I suspect so, it is very old. HOWEVER, I have zero clue how to find that out, and zero money to pay someone to test it.

There's only 1 way to find out. Get a new drive, on average a DVD only burner shouldn't set you back more than 20-30$

I actually have an old DVD drive from my first computer, salvaged in a shoe box. Maybe it will fit.

If it's from a desktop PC it should. Those are industry standard 5.25" bays. Should slot right in :)

That would be great. I was relieved to see you are correct, should cost only about $30 if I do need a new one. Glad I saved this one from the old Gateway computer though. Fingers crossed to try this. By the way, Chevron, is the new Memorex blank media any good? I posted the specs in another thread. I just had a bad thought about the old salvaged one. It will need drivers, and I have no idea how to get them.

Nope, i replied detailed in your other topic :) and no it won't need new drivers. The drivers windows uses to communicate with an optical drive hasn't changed (much) since the windows XP days. It's a generic driver (which is different from drive firmware, software on the drive itself)

Back