• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WMP12 + madFlac + ReClock Help

izoard

I'm trying to setup ReClock 1.8.7.3 to play Flac audio music using WMP12+MadFlac. I'm on Win7 x64, but it uses WMP12 x86 as the default player. My music has always played fine using wmp+madFlac (with the exception of my audio being sent to my receiver incorrectly - windows audio set to 2.0 (won't play me 5.1 rips) - ReClock to the rescue -

I set Audio/PCM to WASAPI Exclusive and my first track plays perfect. :) 2.0 stereo and 5.1 play as they should.

Trouble I'm having is when WMP12 goes to the next track ReClock closes and will not restart on the next song, resulting in NO sound. I must restart WMP to get it to go again. BUT, If I skip to the next song during playback it will work. It seems the pause between tracks is the problem. How do I resolve this - a setting I'm missing?

I have associated Reclock to always load with wmplayer, but when my second song plays it won't load and I just get silence...:confused:

Any help would be welcome.

k3sx02.jpg

This seems to be an on going problem as I found here
Do I have to dump ReClock :-( ?

Last edited:
Thanks James... you will save my dignity (some friends are begining to laugh at my media center :( ).

... and I forgot to mention: if you need any help or additionnal information to identify this problem, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Hi,

As I told in the 1.8.7.7 post, the problem is now solved for me; I hope it's the same for you all that had the problem.

Thanks a lot, GrandMasterJames ;)

Thomas

Hi All,

I just found the time to test this new version on my HTPC... and I discovered that the problem is solved with Windows Media Center too... but a new problem appeared.

I now have an error with WMC between tracks: "the audio device is already used by another application".
In fact, when I use Exclusive mode, it seems that WMC is trying to load the next track just before the current track is over and the current Reclock instance is unloaded.
The result is 2 Reclock instances; one for the current track that doesn't close (WMC seems to go on reading it), and an instance for the next track that generate the error.

:bang:

I have the same problem with WMP if I try to go to the next track several times very fast.

I tried with Xiph and MadFlac: no luck.

Do someone have a brillant idea for me? :(

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi All,

I just found the time to test this new version on my HTPC... and I discovered that the problem is solved with Windows Media Center too... but a new problem appeared.

I now have an error with WMC between tracks: "the audio device is already used by another application".
In fact, when I use Exclusive mode, it seems that WMC is trying to load the next track just before the current track is over and the current Reclock instance is unloaded.
The result is 2 Reclock instances; one for the current track that doesn't close (WMC seems to go on reading it), and an instance for the next track that generate the error.

:bang:

I have the same problem with WMP if I try to go to the next track several times very fast.

I tried with Xiph and MadFlac: no luck.

Do someone have a brillant idea for me? :(

Thanks,

Thomas
You can try waveOut or DirectSound output instead.

Hi James,

Of course, if I select one of these mode, I don't have the error.
However, the problem remains; several instances of Reclock sometimes run at the same time (if I change track pretty fast or at a "natural" track change).

Moreover, I understand that "WASAPI Exclusive" mode is the only way to obtain real Bit-Perfect. Is it right?

Thanks again for your help and your great job on Reclock.

Best regards,

Thomas

However, the problem remains; several instances of Reclock sometimes run at the same time (if I change track pretty fast or at a "natural" track change).

I would guess that this is simply how WMP likes to work.

You can try waveOut or DirectSound output instead.

This can't switch # of channels through HDMI anymore, though (with the PAP drivers of all PAP cards. Maybe the ATI 4000 and others like that still can).

I have the same problem "the audio device is already used by another application". Problem is related to what tag support plugin You use for WMP. If U use latest extender with track time support, like WMP Tag Plus problem exists. But when You use older without time support everything is OK...

I'm trying to setup ReClock 1.8.7.3 to play Flac audio music using WMP12+MadFlac. I'm on Win7 x64, but it uses WMP12 x86 as the default player. My music has always played fine using wmp+madFlac (with the exception of my audio being sent to my receiver incorrectly - windows audio set to 2.0 (won't play me 5.1 rips) - ReClock to the rescue -

I set Audio/PCM to WASAPI Exclusive and my first track plays perfect. :) 2.0 stereo and 5.1 play as they should.

Trouble I'm having is when WMP12 goes to the next track ReClock closes and will not restart on the next song, resulting in NO sound. I must restart WMP to get it to go again. BUT, If I skip to the next song during playback it will work. It seems the pause between tracks is the problem. How do I resolve this - a setting I'm missing?

I have associated Reclock to always load with wmplayer, but when my second song plays it won't load and I just get silence...:confused:

Any help would be welcome.

k3sx02.jpg

This seems to be an on going problem as I found here
Do I have to dump ReClock :-( ?

it looks you're running reclock + wmp together?! I never get reclock running with my wmp here. Could you share any information how to get it work? Thanks in advance!

Back