• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WMA audio files

davidsol

Hi,

I have been given a CDR containing some WMA drm protected files. Anydvd doens't seem to react when I insert the disk, perhaps because it's a data CD as opposed to an audio CD. Does anyone know if it is possible to remove drm from individual files either on a CD or on the hard disk (C:\) ? I am using version 6.1.4.3 on XP pro sp2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

if you didnt purchase the music yourself,then when you try to open them with windows media player you will need to enter some details including an e-mail address+password from the original purchaser so that the license(s) will download onto your computer so they will play.
anydvd doesnt remove DRM protection.
when (or if) you can eventually play the drm wma files,the easiest way to remove DRM from them is to open all tracks with windows media player and record them using using recording software such as adobe audition,magix music editor etc... if you dont have anything like this,you can use a free one called audacity available to download from here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
select you sound card in the audacity options.hit the record button and get the music playing on windows media player (check the 'LED' meters are illuminating-if they aren't you didn't select the correct sound card) and let all the tracks record.you can then use audacity to split the tracks individually and save them as various formats.

Last edited:
Ok, I underatand. Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Back