Wiping off marker on discs

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by sneakers, Apr 25, 2007.

1. sneakers

sneakers Well-Known Member

I mislabeled a disc since I didn't want to reburn it I took my girlfriend's Nail Polish Remover on some tissue and wiped it off. I also rinsed the disc under running water so as not to risk harming the disc. Just a tip I thought everyone would want to know.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Alcohol, which is the main ingredient in polish removers, will also remove "most" markers.

3. rcm999

rcm999 Member

Had the same problem with a permanent marker and alcohol wouldn't budge it. I tried WD-40 and that did it! Crazy as it may seem, it worked!

4. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Be certain that you remove ALL traces of the WD-40 before you use that disc.

5. sixit

sixit Member

Holy YIKES, Batman!

Nail Polish Remover???

You may be okay if it does NOT contain Acetone. Acetone and acrylic don't get along since acetone is a solvent for acrylic, and will permanently ruin any acrylic it comes in contact with.

As a safer alternative, consider naptha which is "Zippo" liquid lighter fluid and far safer than acetone (I've safely used it on silk; it's practically unbeatable as a "sticky" remover too". Do ensure that you get the liquid and NOT the butane.

Cheers,
    Robert~