• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WinDvd Pro 2010 & Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.5

Well at first I thought it might be my Laptop as I installed WinDVD 10 on my main system and it played an ISO, but when I copied over the ISO's from my laptop to the main PC it does exactly the same, comes up with unsupported media and crashes. The same ISO's work fine in PDVD and TMT as well as working fine when written back to BD-R and played in my settop player. Looks like WinDVD 10 is a bit unstable

BD ISO playback issue

I just purchased WinDVD Pro 2010 and can not get it to play any unprotected BD ISO rips - ripped with AnyDVD HD and using VCD v5440

WinDVD Pro 2010 will play regular DVD ISOs with VCD but no BD ISO rips

All of the BD ISOs with play fine in PowerDVD 8 using VCD, but not in WinDVD Pro 2010

I've been googling around to try and find a resolution to no avail - so I thought I'de resurrect this older thread to see if anyone's found a fix

Thanks

I just purchased WinDVD Pro 2010 and can not get it to play any unprotected BD ISO rips - ripped with AnyDVD HD and using VCD v5440

WinDVD Pro 2010 will play regular DVD ISOs with VCD but no BD ISO rips

All of the BD ISOs with play fine in PowerDVD 8 using VCD, but not in WinDVD Pro 2010

I've been googling around to try and find a resolution to no avail - so I thought I'de resurrect this older thread to see if anyone's found a fix

Thanks

I just checked with 2 unprotected Blu-Ray ISO images and AnyDVD HD disabled. I mounted the images using Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 (http://www.slysoft.com/download.html) which is the latest version. I had no issues playing playing back the mounted images using WinDVD Pro 2010.

I just checked with 2 unprotected Blu-Ray ISO images and AnyDVD HD disabled. I mounted the images using Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 (http://www.slysoft.com/download.html) which is the latest version. I had no issues playing playing back the mounted images using WinDVD Pro 2010.

Strange!! - I wonder what is causing the issue that myself and some others are having with BD rips on WinDVD Pro 2010

I guess I'll check Corels' KB or tech support

Thanks

I've been playing with this. All but one of my unprotected Blu-ray ISOs play with PowerDVD (it's the OEM version that came with my drive - 7.3 I think) but only one so far plays with WinDVD 2010. Most give the 'media not recognized' error. I've tried Virtual Clone Drive and Virtual CD but it doesn't make any difference. So something strange is going on.

I've been playing with this. All but one of my unprotected Blu-ray ISOs play with PowerDVD (it's the OEM version that came with my drive - 7.3 I think) but only one so far plays with WinDVD 2010. Most give the 'media not recognized' error. I've tried Virtual Clone Drive and Virtual CD but it doesn't make any difference. So something strange is going on.

I gave up using WinDVD Pro 2010 - free apps like MPC-HC work better than WinDVD does - and so does v8 OEM of PDVD that came with my PC

I wasted to much time trying to resolve the WDVD 2010 issue - I'm glad I only paid $25 for it - I thought it was a great deal at the time - but turns out to have been a waste of time and money

I gave up using WinDVD Pro 2010 - free apps like MPC-HC work better than WinDVD does - and so does v8 OEM of PDVD that came with my PC

I wasted to much time trying to resolve the WDVD 2010 issue - I'm glad I only paid $25 for it - I thought it was a great deal at the time - but turns out to have been a waste of time and money

Corel WinDVD 2010 is clunky, buggy, and will not play my movie-only BD5/BD9 backups. They are an unsupported media. :rolleyes: I got it for like 20 USD myself and it really was an emergency backup software player. They release very few updates, are known to break things (ie the DTS decoder got borked in the previous version of WinDVD and stayed broken until the next update came out months and months later). Their customer service as far as I know is essentially non-existent.

PowerDVD 10 is the same way with my movie-only BD5/BD9 backups but will play a full-disc BD5/BD9 backup without a problem. Humorously I can play the stupid folder for the BD5/BD9 backup as a Blu-Ray structure from my HDD without a problem with PowerDVD 10. *sigh* On the upside, minus this stupidity, Cyberlink has fixed a lot of the issues I had previously had with PowerDVD with the release of v10. The PQ for SD DVD is better than TMT3 in my opinion. Their customer support still is horrendous as always, however.

In the end, Arcsoft TMT3 plays everything. I can play any and all BD5/BD9 discs, mounted images, or play any Blu-Ray rip from a folder on my HDD. Their customer support is awesome. In the few dealings I had with them they were prompt, resolved my problem, and even later contacted me to make sure things were still working out to my satisfaction. I can't say enough good things about their customer service.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info D&D -- I'll have to check out TMT some time - no big hurry though 'cuz I've got a way to play all the files I use most of time

TMT Plat. seems a little pricey - $90 on Arcsofts' site -- do you know anywhere it can be purchased for a better price?

Does it support MKVs - I don't see MKVs listed on their site

Thanks for the info D&D -- I'll have to check out TMT some time - no big hurry though 'cuz I've got a way to play all the files I use most of time

TMT Plat. seems a little pricey - $90 on Arcsofts' site -- do you know anywhere it can be purchased for a better price?

Does it support MKVs - I don't see MKVs listed on their site

Wait for a sale. Myself and a number of other people purchased TMT3 for a nice price. I purchased TMT2 for like 41.99 USD and got TMT3 for 34.99 USD. I stacked some discounts. :D I had to pay separately for SimHD and Sim3D because I purchased the product right when it came out and ATI Stream support for SimHD took some time. Anyway, I'd recommend waiting for a sale where there is a coupon. They tend to have them pretty regularly.

Check out the trial version but just be aware that the trial version isn't allowed to decode Dolby audio. That's not Arcsoft's fault. Dolby refused to allow it. Yes, MKV support exists in TMT3.

Wait for a sale. Myself and a number of other people purchased TMT3 for a nice price. I purchased TMT2 for like 41.99 USD and got TMT3 for 34.99 USD. I stacked some discounts. :D I had to pay separately for SimHD and Sim3D because I purchased the product right when it came out and ATI Stream support for SimHD took some time. Anyway, I'd recommend waiting for a sale where there is a coupon. They tend to have them pretty regularly.

Check out the trial version but just be aware that the trial version isn't allowed to decode Dolby audio. That's not Arcsoft's fault. Dolby refused to allow it. Yes, MKV support exists in TMT3.

Nice! -- I'll keep an eye out for a TMT sale - again, much appreciated :)

I have been investigating this a bit and recently I've had *MUCH* better success with WinDVD 2010 and ISOs. Basically any Blu-Ray that I've played with WinDVD 2010 before creating the ISO seems to work fine. It's the ISOs I created before I had WinDVD that cause problems. So my guess is that WinDVD stores some sort of hardware key when it plays the physical Blu-Ray that then lets it play the ISO afterwards. If I just try it with ISOs that it has never played the real disk for then most of them don't work. I don't know if there's a fix for this - or even if I'm making the right guess. Perhaps I've just been lucky but it's worked 100% for disks where I've played the actual disk which is quite a few now (and none of the disks have failed either). WinDVD 2010 is a pretty nice program and it was certainly much cheaper than the other offerings when I got it - full TrueHD 5.1 and lots of customisation, and it plays smoothly on my fairly underpowered media centre PC.

I'll stick with PDVD and TMT. They both have 3D support, are a lot less buggy and have more updates. Also the new version of PDVD 9 that ships free with the some of the latest LG Blu-ray writers also has 3D support, and TMT3 can also play Blu-rays from folders. They both use hardware acceleration just like WinDVD does which is why you can play Blu-rays on an underpowered system as it gets offloaded onto the GPU.

Back