• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WinDvd Pro 2010 & Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.5

DavidS

Hi -

Running WinXp Sp3
Using AnyDvd Hd (6.6.0.8) - ripped BD H.potter_6 to Image. Did not keep protections; did not create additional .dvd file.

Mount iso using VCD. Go to play movie using WinDvd Pro 2010; and you get the message mouse is not supported (this is due I believe because of something Java); than a momentary wait for the menu; then for just a couple of (probably 1 second) - the BD menu will just start to appear... than it is abruptly stopped with the message from WinDVd Pro - "media not supported".

Any further play using player is no go. Clicking on the AnyDvd Hd option of 'powerdvd virtual drive selected' work around - did not help...

Anyone know of a workaround?? Perhaps add something in AnyDvd Hd??

Unfortunately -
5-4-4-0 does not change the situation.

WinDvdPro 2010 (v 10.0.5.163)) still declares "unsupported media" when trying to play an iso using Virtual Clone drive.

With VCD - you at least get a second or so of the movie menu before it shut itself down...

If you just go to a ripped movie folder (not an iso) it refuses to even attempt to play - just giving the "unsupported media" message...

Perhaps a workaround like exists with Powerdvd - could be developed.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately -
5-4-4-0 does not change the situation.

WinDvdPro 2010 (v 10.0.5.163)) still declares "unsupported media" when trying to play an iso using Virtual Clone drive.

With VCD - you at least get a second or so of the movie menu before it shut itself down...

If you just go to a ripped movie folder (not an iso) it refuses to even attempt to play - just giving the "unsupported media" message...

Perhaps a workaround like exists with Powerdvd - could be developed.

Thanks for the response.

Does WinDVD play the original disc with AnyDVD enabled?
Does this happen only with Harry Potter 6, or some other discs? All discs?

WinDVD doesn't play Blu-ray from folder so it's no surprise that doesn't work.
Also, have you updated to SP1 for WinDVD 10?

Last edited:
I know, but as he mentioned it I thought I'd mention it.
I can't get WinDVD 10 with the latest SP1 to work with mounted images

Yes - WinDvd Pro2010 has Sp1. I didn't really notice that it was called a service pack - it does have the absolute latest patch and update they offer...

James - yes WinDvd Pro 2010 plays the original disk. It refuses to play any type of iso as Adbear mentioned.

You made a remark James about 'activation' a few days ago; and you also mentioned TMT3; which I have now purchased and am using.

If you could develop a work around with WinDvd 2010 like as with PowerDvd - that might be appreciated by some...

Under 3rd party software; and title: questions, questions, questions; I have today posted some observations about various players, and BD movies; and wondering what was going on... It all started with a disk recently which refused to play correctly.

I always appreciate any good advice or info people have to share.

May you all have a blessed New Year. And I just saw today that WebSlinger is gone! What a shock. We all hope that he will be doing well...

Yes - WinDvd Pro2010 has Sp1. I didn't really notice that it was called a service pack - it does have the absolute latest patch and update they offer...

James - yes WinDvd Pro 2010 plays the original disk. It refuses to play any type of iso as Adbear mentioned.

You made a remark James about 'activation' a few days ago; and you also mentioned TMT3; which I have now purchased and am using.

If you could develop a work around with WinDvd 2010 like as with PowerDvd - that might be appreciated by some...

Under 3rd party software; and title: questions, questions, questions; I have today posted some observations about various players, and BD movies; and wondering what was going on... It all started with a disk recently which refused to play correctly.

I always appreciate any good advice or info people have to share.

May you all have a blessed New Year. And I just saw today that WebSlinger is gone! What a shock. We all hope that he will be doing well...

I read that topic when you first opened it and thought, well I have the exact same WinDVD Pro version and I never experienced that problem.

My virtual DVDs and unprotected Blurays play well in WinDVD.

But then I noticed that I'm no longer using VCD, but Virtual CD 10.
I don't want to advertise that product here, because unlike VCD it costs money.

I don't know what VirtualCD 10 is doing different in terms of "emulation", but I don't think this is an AnyDVD or WinDVD issue.

It might be an WinDVD issue if they block the specific hardware ID that VCD uses... don't know..

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Edit:

Do you mount protected images in VCD with AnyDVD enabled and then try to play it with WinDVD or unprotected one?

Last edited:
The Iso images are unprotected.

But I have tried to play them with AnyDvdHd running; both with Pdvd option checked (not made for it; but thought I'd see) and not checked.

I haven't ripped a protected Iso. Someone else might know if it would play that way...

Maybe they have deliberately blacklisted VCD? If they did, they are very bad people. :(

Maybe they have deliberately blacklisted VCD? If they did, they are very bad people. :(

That's what I think, too. But would changing the hardware ID and drives configs make a difference?

That's what I think, too. But would changing the hardware ID and drives configs make a difference?

Who knows? Ask Corel. :D

If they do this, they don't deserve to be supported by VCD. ;)

Davin -

Are you playing Iso's? using Slysoft VirtualClone drive? and Windvd Pro 2010?

Are the iso's protected or unprotected?

As Adbear points out - windvd pro 2010 refuses to play folders, and I have not been able to get it to play an unprotected Iso.

Sorry, when I said they didn't work I should have been more specific. If it's a BD-J disc then it loads the menu, starts to play the menu then comes up with 'media not recognized' error. If it's a non BD-J disc then it starts playing but then crashes after about a minute

The ISO is protected, I leave it and usually use ImgBurn. The ISO I tested is my T-Salvation. It plays all the way through. Of course AnyDvdHD is running. I'll hotswap a hdd with folders and try those. I don't know if it's a BD-J disk. Where would I see that?
Add: Yes it's VCD I use exclusively.

Folders are no go unless .ts recorded HDTV. That plays fine. ClownBD rip no go as folder. ISO's no problem.

Last edited:
Sorry, when I said they didn't work I should have been more specific. If it's a BD-J disc then it loads the menu, starts to play the menu then comes up with 'media not recognized' error. If it's a non BD-J disc then it starts playing but then crashes after about a minute

I'm not able to reproduce this, at all. I just watched Wall-E(BD-J) and Planet Earth(non BD-J) series.

I'm going to test Ice Age 3 soon, too.

Both ISOs were created by AnyDVD without protection and mounted in VirtualCD 10.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

I'm not able to reproduce this, at all. I just watched Wall-E(BD-J) and Planet Earth(non BD-J) series.

I'm going to test Ice Age 3 soon, too.

Both ISOs were created by AnyDVD without protection and mounted in VirtualCD 10.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

I don't see a problem with Virtual CloneDrive. ISOs play fine, tested Robocop protected & unprotected isos.

Back