• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windvd 8

DVD Mansion

Beta Tester
Sorry if this has been asked before but my search didn't find what I need to know.

Does anyone know if we can use windvd 8 for HD DVD & Blu-ray playback off the hard drive once it's ripped?

Right now I use Powerdvd but the reason I want Windvd is because it supports TrimensionDNM video processing and when there are pans in the movies we watch, it makes ALL the difference in the world, no more judder.

I ask because I don't want to buy it & then find out I cannot use it with my HD DVD & Blu-ray rips off the hard drive.

Cheers
Chris Dallas
DVD Mansion

No WinDVD

WinDVD 8 will not work for what you want to do. At the moment the only real option for this is PowerDVD. :confused:

Sorry if this has been asked before but my search didn't find what I need to know.

Does anyone know if we can use windvd 8 for HD DVD & Blu-ray playback off the hard drive once it's ripped?

Right now I use Powerdvd but the reason I want Windvd is because it supports TrimensionDNM video processing and when there are pans in the movies we watch, it makes ALL the difference in the world, no more judder.

I ask because I don't want to buy it & then find out I cannot use it with my HD DVD & Blu-ray rips off the hard drive.

Cheers
Chris Dallas
DVD Mansion

I think when this whole HD thing started James said that WinDVD just can play encrypted Hd files so I think it is not possible(if intervideo didn't change something)

Back