Windows XP Pro doesn't start after installing AnyDVD

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by Yaniv156, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Yaniv156

Yaniv156 New Member

Hi.
    When I installed AnyDVD 6.1.9.3, the setup process asked me to restart the computer. When I restart my computer, Windows XP doesn't start!
    I see the Boot Screen (the black screen before the blue), and then the computer restart! I even can't get into Safe Mode (restart again).
    This happend right after installing AnyDVD. I can't format my computer because I have important documents.
    Please help me!
    And I'm sorry about my lame english :\

Yaniv.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Windows actually has to load before Anydvd can load. If Windows can't load properly, then Anydvd wasn't the issue because Anydvd hasn't even had the opportunity to run yet. Your issue has nothing to do with Anydvd.

You will likely need to do an XP repair install: click http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"Posting of Cracks or illegal serial numbers for any program or application in this forum will not be tolerated, Slysoft reserves the right to ban you from posting on this forum for the first infraction."

:policeman:

You have been banned for a week.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Well, almost correct. However, the AnyDVD.sys driver is initialized as soon as Windows detects the CD/DVD ROM drives. If there is some conflict, the easiest solution is to disable all CD/DVD ROMs in the BIOS and unplug all USB/FireWire CD/DVD drives.

If there are no optical drives present in the system, the AnyDVD driver won't be loaded. If there is a virtual drive installed and this causes a problem, enter the repair console and delete the port driver for the virtual drive (ask the maker of the software for assistance).

EDIT: For example, recent Virtual CloneDrive versions driver is called VClone.sys, located in %systemroot%\System32\Drivers