1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Vista 32 PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 version 2911

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by roog, May 26, 2007.

1. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Under Windows Vista 32, you need PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 version 2911 to play recent releases, such as, Pirates1 and Pirates2.

According to my experience, I do not recommend upgrading from PowerDVD Ultra versions 2905b and 2905n using the file 'CyberLink.2911_EVR_Logo_DVD070424-02.exe'.

If you have a previous installation of 2905, uninstall it first using these procedures:

1. Uninstall the oldest PowerDVD Ultra build.

2. Delete the following folder :

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811xxx-xxx}

Please note that this directory is a hidden directory. So, first select 'Show hidden files and folder' option from 'Folder option' and then delete that folder.

For that follow the steps :-

Open 'Control Panel' --> open 'Folder Options' --> click 'View' tab --> select 'Show hidden files and folder' --> click 'OK'.

Now delete the following folder :

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811xxx-xxx}

Also delete the file 'IsProBE.tlb' from folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\

Edited and inserted 2007/05/29: I have since found out that an additional step should be performed. Run the Windows Cleanup Tool found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and remove the PowerDVD install entry before installing the 2911 version.

After uninstalling 2905, or if you are performing an install from scratch, install the full version file 'CyberLink.2911_EVR_Logo_DVD070424-01.exe'.

It can be downloaded at http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDVD/CyberLink.2911_EVR_Logo_DVD070424-01.exe using the following login:

User name: PowerDVD
    Password: L7uF6366

Edited 2007/05/29: I have since found out that an additional step should be performed. Run the Windows Cleanup Tool found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and remove the PowerDVD install entry before installing the 2911 version.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  2. hanschke

hanschke Well-Known Member

i know this but dont work for me under x64 :mad:

3. titan

titan New Member

What problems did you encounter ?

On both XP and Vista I ended up with an increase from 20% cpu to 85% , double RAM usage and choppy playback.

4. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Using an Intel 6600 and an ATI 1950, I get about 55% average cpu usage with PowerDVD Ultra 2911.

I really don't care as long as the movie plays without problems.

Maybe 2905b/n wasn't doing everything it needed to do for 1080p output or maybe they haven't optimized 2911 yet.

5. roog

roog Well-Known Member

New PowerDVD Ultra full version 2911 link needed!

The link I posted for downloading the full version of PowerDVD Ultra version 2911 has expired or has been taken down.

Does anyone have a new link where it can be downloaded?