• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows thumbnail generator

Steve55

Anyone recognise this?
I convert all my bd's to mkv without transcoding.
In the latest windows 10, the thumbnail generator has a problem with some of these mkv's and either (a) fails to generate a thumbnail or (b) hangs using 80% of cpu until i cancel it and explorer. In both these cases, the files play fine with videolan and if i run them through the mivtoolnix the resulting mkv shows its thumbnail fine. (I have the impression that it happens when the audio is dd rather than dts)
Additionally: On two of these files when I tried to run them through mkvtoolnix the program came up with 'format error 2' or suchlike (note to self: one of these was us poirot season 5 disk 2 episode 1) and I had to re-rip with makemkv to create a file the mivtoolnix would accept.

What does that have to do with CloneBD?

He's noting an apparent issue with MKVs created using CloneBD.

Edit: I don't use CloneBD for creating MKVs so I can't offer any specific input on the matter.

I see no reference of CloneBD anywhere. Not even what other software he's using for mkv generation. I'm not saying its not possible but waiting on conversion software first

DrinkLyeandDie is exactly correct.
Although the mkv's all play with videolan including the ones which the mkvtoolnix refuses to accept, I do wonder if they are really correct. It's especially worrying that mkvtoolnix refused to accept a couple.
If I have time I'll redo a rip and post the log. I've been meaning to post this for a while.
Ps yes I am talking about clonebd latest version, that's why i'm posting in the clonebd forum ;-)

The second of the 2 items, Main Feature #2, plays in vlc ok but if i try to drop it into the mkvtoolnix gui i get "the file was not recognised as a supported format (exit code 2)

Attachments

• Clonebdlog.zip
    297.7 KB · Views: 4
Back