Windows protected your PC w/ AnyDVD v8.4.4.1

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by TheEmpathicEar, Jan 23, 2020.

1. TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar Well-Known Member

I never got this before when installing AnyDVD? Is Microsoft up to something?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Did you actually read the changelog notes? https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-4-4-1-beta.78058/

8.4.4.1 2020 01 23
    - New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
    - New (DVD): Support for new discs

The setup file is *not* signed.

Which is why James posted the hashes so you can verify. The installer certificate needs renewing. If you don't want to install it unsigned. Wait for the next build

3. TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar Well-Known Member

Ah, I did not make the connection between "unsigned" and the resulting message.

4. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

Would the installer being unsigned cause browsers like Firefox and Chrome to report that "The file is not commonly downloaded" when you download it? Chrome offers the option to keep the file regardless of this error. It also calls the file dangerous, which is why I'm guessing the installer being unsigned is causing this error I've never seen before.

Thanks!

5. Ch3vr0n

No, but think logically. How can it be a common (aka well known download) if the file didnt exist until a few hours ago ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Killakel77 likes this.
  6. Ghildebr

Ghildebr Well-Known Member

Will then next build be signed?

7. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

I've never seen that error before even with files that were just a few minutes "old." The only thing out of the ordinary was that it was an unsigned EXE.

8. Ch3vr0n

I don't know. I don't work for redfox. If it isn't or is, either way the changelog will say so.

9. Ghildebr

I realize you don't work for RedFox, you state that quite plainly. Many times on this forum you speak like you are in the know. Since you made the statement to wait for the next build, I was trying to determine if this was something you are in the know about or if you were speaking out of turn. I would imagine this is only something that James could comment on with authority.

10. Ch3vr0n

Because it most likely will be, it was the last time this happened.

11. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Quite simple: If I have a valid cert for the next build, yes. Otherwise no.

John-John likes this.
  12. Ghildebr

Thanks James.

13. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

I think being unsigned does mean browsers are more suspicious about uncommon files.

14. blank

blank Well-Known Member

James perhapse you will sign them with GPG ?

15. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I don't think this will cause Windows to behave any different.

16. blank

blank Well-Known Member

No - but users are able to check. (y)

17. Ch3vr0n

And so are they now too, with the hashes.

18. Recycle

Recycle Well-Known Member

Maybe not related or not but from my read of this it sounds more like a A/V block then a O/S issue caused. I recall seeing something like this if memory serves recalls is a A/V action. I've installed many AnyDVD HD updates and betas and haven't seen that happen in long long time.