• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Media Center HDCP Problems

hpilot

My LCD monitor is not HDCP compliant. AnyDVDHD works fine when I play BD movies in Media Center, but I get the DHCP warning when trying to watch digital cable TV with my Windows 7 64 bit computer using an ATI Digital Cablecard Tuner. I did find a limited work around - if I trigger a User Account Control warning in Win 7, I can watch most of the channels OK, except the premium movie channels like HBO still will not work (yes, I am signed up for these channels). I really hate to have to buy a new monitor. Any ideas?

I have a HD Monitor (BenQ 2200HD) and while I don't have cable going through a card to it I do watch (over the air HD and some internet HD content) and I don't believe the monitor is the cause of your problem.

I've never heard of a monitor being the cause of that kind of problem, I think its a DMCA issue involving your tv card.

I have a HD Monitor (BenQ 2200HD) and while I don't have cable going through a card to it I do watch (over the air HD and some internet HD content) and I don't believe the monitor is the cause of your problem.

I've never heard of a monitor being the cause of that kind of problem, I think its a DMCA issue involving your tv card.

Thanks for your reply. Over the air HD is not protected by HDCP. To watch protected content (BD, HDDVD, HD Digital cable for some premium content like HBO), you need an HDCP complient Operating System, Computer, Video Card, Digital Tuner, and Monitor. I have all the components needed except the monitor is NOT HDCP complient. That is why I purchased AnyDVDHD.
As I said, it works fine with my BD and HDDVD content, but not cable TV.

AnyDVD HD is not designed to work with cable, only with discs

If your monitor is valuable enough, you can purchase DVI/HDMI to VGA or Component output devices at monoprice.

These apparently deal with HDCP (for a price). More device information here.

I don't have one, am unaffiliated, etc. I have bought other things from monoprice and they delivered, as promised.

If your monitor is valuable enough, you can purchase DVI/HDMI to VGA or Component output devices at monoprice.

These apparently deal with HDCP (for a price). More device information here.

I don't have one, am unaffiliated, etc. I have bought other things from monoprice and they delivered, as promised.

Thanks. Unfortunately HDfury just outputs to analog, so what's the point...

Back