• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 8 .iso Icons

GuyG

I had hoped that Virtual Clone Drive would be unnecessary in Windows 8, but the native image support doesn't seem to work very well with AnyDVD HD (throws up an error every time you mount an image) and it will just keep adding drives as you mount more images, unlike Virtual Clone Drive which lets you set a limit on the number of drives, and replaces old ones as you mount a new image.

I understand that people are having issues with Virtual Clone Drive mounting images over a network in Windows 8, but I am fortunate to not have that problem as I only use local files. I do hope that they manage to fix the problem though.

But in Windows 8, using Virtual Clone Drive as the default program changed all my .iso image icons (I only use .iso) into sheep faces. I don't recall that happening on Windows 7.

For people that are still using Virtual Clone Drive in Windows 8, but want to restore the standard icons, copy and paste this into notepad, and save as a .reg file:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\elby.VCDMount.1\DefaultIcon]
@="%SystemRoot%\\System32\\imageres.dll,-5205"

If I recall correctly, Windows 7 used a generic "page" icon, with the application icon centered on it, if there wasn't a default icon assigned to a filetype.

Windows 8 just seems to use the application icon.

My folders definitely didn't look like this before:
8C9yr.pngtcfBh.png

Native .iso icons on the right. I think Windows 7 was something of a cross between them. (sheep icon where the disc is)

Windows 7 probably doesn't have this icon available, so I don't recommend running this .reg file on it.

Back