• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 won't play ISO

roxylee

I have two laptops, each running Windows 7 Home Premium. A Toshiba is playing an ISO just fine, but the same ISO is not playing on the ACER.

I'm not skilled in the proper setting for this, but on the Toshiba, I installed VCD and when I double click the ISO file, it self mounts and begins to play the movie just fine using VCD 5.4.5.0

With the same OS and VCD, the same file copied onto the hard drive will not play. I confirm within running services that VCD is in fact running, but when I double click the ISO file, nothing happens, no play, no error message,nothing. Any clues as to what settings I should be checking to see what is blocking the ACER from playing an ISO with VCD?
Thanks,
Roxylee

I have two laptops, each running Windows 7 Home Premium. A Toshiba is playing an ISO just fine, but the same ISO is not playing on the ACER.

I'm not skilled in the proper setting for this, but on the Toshiba, I installed VCD and when I double click the ISO file, it self mounts and begins to play the movie just fine using VCD 5.4.5.0

With the same OS and VCD, the same file copied onto the hard drive will not play. I confirm within running services that VCD is in fact running, but when I double click the ISO file, nothing happens, no play, no error message,nothing. Any clues as to what settings I should be checking to see what is blocking the ACER from playing an ISO with VCD?
Thanks,
Roxylee
Right click on the ISO file in windows explorer and go to Open with>choose default program... . Choose VCD and check "always use this program".

Thanks, did that and still nothing.
Again, no error message of any kind, I double click and nothing happens.
When I click on VCD, I see it runniing in the services listing, but am I correct that another drive letter should show up in the "My Computer" window, because one does not show up?
It would seem that VCD is not running, but again, it shows up under running services.
Any other suggestions?
roxylee

Try right-clicking the ISO file and selecting Mount. If that menu option doesn't show up you may have a problem with your installation of VCD. You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling VCD.

:agree:that did it. The mount command was not available with right click. I did reinstall earlier, but did not do an uninstall. Did both, menu item showed up, file plays. Great. Thank you,
roxylee

:agree:that did it. The mount command was not available with right click. I did reinstall earlier, but did not do an uninstall. Did both, menu item showed up, file plays. Great. Thank you,
roxylee

If you ever have problems after doing an on-top update install, uninstalling and reinstalling has a great chance of solving the problem.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD are the only two products I have never had a problem with when doing an in-place update. (*knock Formica*)

Back