• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 Sound No Video

boatasiaus

So I just updated my machine to Windows 7 x64, but can't seem to get my BR DVD's to play. SD DVD's play fine. System worked previously under Vista x64

I have tried

• PowerDVD 8 - runs, but sound only no video
  • PowerDVD 9 trial - stutters & freezes (so much for Windows 7 compatability)
  • DVD's Ripped using AnyDVD "Rip to image"
  • DVD's Ripped using Adbears method
  • Updated Video Card drivers
  • Ran Cyberlink Advisor - All green except for HDCP monitor = shouldn't be a problem

The only thing I can think of is the video card, an X1900XTX might the problem?? It does show up on Cyberlinks hardware compatability list for PDVD 9, and the advisor is green for vid card, but I have no ther ideas.

Help?!

Sorry, forgot to add the log files...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.7.4_Info_E_WATCHMEN.zip
    360.1 KB · Views: 3
Watchmen is has a VC-1 video stream, possibly your video card/drivers aren't upto the job of decoding it.

Can you get any other Blu-Rays to play at all?

According to your log file you don't have PDVD 8 installed and the version of 9 is a few builds back. I'm using PDVD 9 on Win 7 with no problems at all.
Are you trying to play as a full disc or are you just playing back the m2ts file?
The graphics card is right at the bottom end of the scale and has given me and others problems so you may find that has issues.

Thanks for the replies

Watchmen is has a VC-1 video stream, possibly your video card/drivers aren't upto the job of decoding it.

Can you get any other Blu-Rays to play at all?

I also ripped Ironman using AnyDVD "Rip to Image". Same problem. Will try and create a few other ISO's from other Hard disk rips to check.

ADBEAR said:
According to your log file you don't have PDVD 8 installed and the version of 9 is a few builds back. I'm using PDVD 9 on Win 7 with no problems at all.

The log file was probably from when I only had PDVD 9 installed. I've installed & uninstalled both 8 & 9 several times now....

Adbear said:
Are you trying to play as a full disc or are you just playing back the m2ts file?

I created an ISO of the full disk as per your guide, mounted using VCD, and played from there

Re the card: I know its at the bottom of the list, but it worked before under Vista. If I had stuttering issues that definitely points to the card, but a black screen?

A few more points:

• It won't play from the original disk either
  • A mounted ISO of 300 also has the same problem: PDVD 9 starts I hear a few bars of the intro and PDVD freezes up
  • PDVD 8 plays all audio on mounted 300, but no video

This leads me to either the vid card or PDVD is somehow screwed up on my system...

Any guidance for additional troubleshooting other than a new video card?

Thanks

Last edited:
I've seen it quite often with this card, usually you just roll back to an earlier graphics driver (around 8.4-8.6) but you can't do that under Win 7 so I doubt you'll get it to work

Thanks for all the replies.

Guess I'll try an updated video card and see what happens...

Back