• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 - Release 2010

I dont and never will run a virual drive on my computer, and Game Jackel , other than trying to learn the program, has no interest for me, I am an old man and do not play video games, my main interest is Anydvdhd, CloneDVD2, CloneCD. Thanks Charlie.

No problem and those programs of interest will run on either platform of Vista.

I am an old man and do not play video games

You're never too old to play video games. :) Maybe you've just been introduced to the wrong ones.

Vista 64 bit runs Slysoft programs fine except for Game Jackal and Virtual Clonedrive.

I still don't like Vista. I'd like it a lot better if the extra DRM nonsense were removed. Oh well, there's not much of a choice if you want to play DirectX 10 games properly (too bad 3DMark06 scores and framerates are consistently lower in Vista; that doesn't affect me since I'm getting huge 3DMark 06 scores in Vista anyway, but still . . .).

Windows - whatever works for you

I'll be brief <g>

I have been an MS guinea pig for too long. After Vista was released I knew it was time to LEAVE the fold so I went to MAC and Linux. However, reality shows that often softwares are only available for Windows that many people want to use. So - I do have Windows and chose XP Pro for ease of use and identifiable history. MAC systems allows a dual boot to Windows and also virtual windows via Windows install disc and a virtual windows product such as Parallels and VMWare Fusion. (Neither virtual machines will support watching Blu-Ray or HD DVD with PowerDVD Ultra due at least to the wrong video driver set up but DVDs are okay I believe.)

The only reason I use Windows is for archiving my DVD collection and now HD DVD (thank you James and Samirai for your help in the forums). While my goals are not fully met, at least I can watch HD DVDS , rip them (but no player with PDVD Ultra version I have) but can create the ISO on my NTFS drive and play them.

If you like Vista just remember, it is not a proven OS, has an immediate history of challenges, MS has admitted that there are challenges (issues) and you are paying to be a "BETA" tester of sorts until perhaps the next 1-2 service packs. Candidly, enough is enough!

I'll advocate to anyone to stay with XP if you can (and some would say the 64 bit version : ). I am in a way fortunate that the only reason I have Windows is as stated - to backup/archive my DVD/HD Media collection. For some of you that have other apps that are of value consider this..run a clean OS that doesn't get in the way of your apps and also consider that there are often 3rd party products that work far better than a Vista scenario.

Btw - I have built Windows based multi-media centers for friends that included higher end components and still prefer MAC when possible. I do my very very best to stay away from putting any coins in MS' pockets.

- Phrehdd

I know, I have been hating Vista from the beginning but I am a glutton for punishment. LOL. Has any had any problems using any Slysoft product with Vista Ultimate 32 bit? I have to know because my company gave me a free license for this OS. I am going to take the plunge and install it soon, but if it has any negitive effects with Any Slysoft products I wont install it.

LOL...I got my copy free also (Vista 32-bit Premium), which is the only reason I have it. I have found no issues with Slysoft softwares.

I dont really agree with it as the most awaited Windows VISTA disappoint many of the people as it does not perform that well as it suppose to and they need sometime to upgrade all the deficiencies of the vista.:disagree:

I dont really agree with it as the most awaited Windows VISTA disappoint many of the people as it does not perform that well as it suppose to and they need sometime to upgrade all the deficiencies of the vista.:disagree:

I personally have no issues with Vista and love the move but I can't wait for the next OS either as I'll jump onto that one as well to stay with the times.

I personally have no issues with Vista and love the move but I can't wait for the next OS either as I'll jump onto that one as well to stay with the times.

MS and Billy are counting on that! :D

MS and Billy are counting on that! :D

Yes they are but when you beta test for several pieces of software it is good to have what MS or big bully billy pushes onto their customers too. I'll most likely go the upgrade route to save a few buck though.

Yes they are but when you beta test for several pieces of software it is good to have what MS or big bully billy pushes onto their customers too. I'll most likely go the upgrade route to save a few buck though.

I also Beta, and Alpha, test for some software...that's why I wait until one of them offers the OS for free. :D

I also Beta, and Alpha, test for some software...that's why I wait until one of them offers the OS for free. :D
I don't have do any of that to get my free copy, all my company has to do is buy a volume liscense for over 100 computers and they send you a few liscenses for your Tech Support to try. When we moved to XP it took us about 2 years to migrate. I imagine the same will be true with Vista , if it survives at all.

Back