• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 just overtook XP in the United States

asianman6924

It’s finally happened. After a long reign at the top, Microsoft’s Windows XP is no longer the most widely used desktop operating system in the United States, instead turning the crown over to Windows 7.

As of April, Windows 7 has 31.71% of the desktop operating system market, compared to 31.56% for Windows XP.

Here is the current distribution of desktop operating systems in the United States, based on the first seven days of April:

5600435276_57804c9a19_o.png

The data is from StatCounter and consists of aggregated visitor stats from more than three million websites. In other words, this reflects the market share distribution of computers used to access the Web.

The rapid rise of Windows 7 has been a massive success after Microsoft’s relative failure with Windows Vista (which never got the upper hand on XP). Since its launch in October 2009, the rise of Windows 7 has been straight as an arrow.
5600435320_1b18c86b2f_o.png
Windows XP is still a big presence, especially in the corporate space where many have resisted upgrading, but Windows 7 seems to finally have set the upgrade train rolling.

What about the rest of the world?

Worldwide, Windows 7 has a market share of 31.17%, while Windows XP still holds a significant 46.87% (now in April).

However, this doesn’t mean the United States is the only country where Windows 7 has overtaken Windows XP. There are actually a number of countries where this has already happened, sometimes several months ago. A few examples:

United Kingdom
Canada
Australia
France
Germany
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
Netherlands
Norway
Sweden

So in this sense, the United States actually turns out to be a bit behind the curve.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE

Last edited:
Excellent information though to be honest it is hardly surprising in many ways. Windows 7 is (in my opinion) what Vista should have been heck just saying "Vista" makes me feel like I have violated in some way I can't stand it. XP has been around now for what... about 10 years or so? So it just shows just how popular Windows 7 is if it has overtaken an already well established OS in such a short space of time.

Great article :)

Jedi81.

Windows 7 is very nice Operating System. Microsoft Window 7 has many advantages,making it a more stady and safe operating system then Window XP and Vista. Window 7 Provide amazing speed.

Not to mention it will install and work fairly well in order hardware system as well. That is what appeals to me unlike bloat vista that didn't like that setup at all. I can install it on a 4 yr old laptop and 6 yr old laptop without much problem and be able to use some xp drivers in 7 with fairly good results. So I must say good job you M$ programmers you actually did something good for once... :doh:

Back