• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 hits 25% market share, XP sinks to 50%

asianman6924

If you have been following the success of Windows 7, including when it took 10% market share after three months, and when Windows 7 finally surpassed Windows Vista in August, you'll see it's having a huge impact on the market.

According to statscounter.com, Windows 7 has now punched through the 25% market share barrier, while Windows XP is still continues its slow decline, hitting 50% this month.

4_Capture.png

Windows 7 recently passed its first birthday in October, where it has already sold over 240 million licenses, with an estimated 300 million before the end of the year. The successful release of the operating system has been praised by consumers, businesses and media alike. In November 2009, Windows 7 managed to surpass Apple's Snow Leopard market share in just two weeks.

Windows 7 still has a lot of momentum behind it, and with its first service pack (SP1) just around the corner, it will likely see an accelerated adoption rate with waiting customers. With the holiday season quickly approaching in a few weeks, consumers will be swapping out their old computers for brand new ones. Windows 7 will come pre-installed on 93% of all new PCs.

It is estimated that Windows 7 will finally surpass Windows XP around this time next year, considering the projected paths both operating systems are currently on. Microsoft announced in October that Windows 7 has received a 94% satisfaction rate with customers, and 88% of businesses will be moving to Windows 7 in early 2011.

Original Article here.

They can have my XP when they pry it from my cold dead hands. :D

-W

I got windows 7 while it was not available to public and and I was very happy.
Shortly after it's relase within day or two of hitting stores I install on my system and having smooth ride so far.

I wonder if 7 will be the new xp. Microsoft is still working on 8 but i have a feeling no one will buy Windows 8 and stick with 7.

I wonder if 7 will be the new xp. Microsoft is still working on 8 but i have a feeling no one will buy Windows 8 and stick with 7.

That's the most likely scenario right now but it is way better then xp especially in hardware and software. And a plus it works on older hardware but to a certain extend. I know I installed on older laptop and desktop and it took it without problem. But you will need to remember desktop and laptop should be at least 1G or 2G to get it to work. There are limits to 7 on older older computer and it will install on it but it won't install all the drivers and that will be the achilles heal of older computer from working correctly with W7.

I have a Windows XP Professional PC, a Windows Vista Home Basic laptop, and a Windows 7 Home Preminum laptop. Of the 3, Windows 7 is my favorite, followed by Vista (ironically, I like this OS better than XP), and then XP.

Since XP will still be supported until 2014, I'll still use my old PC to go online with from time to time. But XP's end is coming soon, and I'll probably get a custom built PC with the newest Windows OS available in 2014 (Windows 8 or 9?)

XP has done nicely for me over the years, but it's kind of like a old car that has had better days, and that car won't be available for upgrading forever.

:(

I still have an original and legal 95-B CD.

-W

I still have an original and legal 95-B CD.

-W

Clams, question for you: wasn't Windows 95 the first Microsoft OS with Internet Explorer?

Or was it a special service pack??

I know I could Google or Wikipedia it, but I'd rather hear it from someone that had the software back then.

Back