• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7: Failed to init ELBYCDIO!

lap17

AnyDVD does will start on my Windows 7 (RTM)!

It stops with the error message "Failed to init ElbyCDIO!"

Using the latest version of AnyDVD.

Any idea what to do?:(

For info found

In the Systems event log I found the following message:
"The ElbyCDIO Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The specified path is invalid"

Might want to turn off windows defender. I have yet to have this issue.

Might want to turn off windows defender. I have yet to have this issue.

Windows Defender shouldn't pose a problem. I have had no issues with it on my old Vista system or my new Windows 7 system. It's always worth a shot, however.

In the Systems event log I found the following message:
"The ElbyCDIO Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The specified path is invalid"
Please update Windows with all available updates.
Please try to reinstall AnyDVD. If it still fails, check the following registry entry:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ElbyCDIO.sys

Image path should read

System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys

Check the file location

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys

Is it present?

If yes, right click the file, properties, digital signatures, double click Elaborate Bytes AG. The message must read "This digital signature is ok"

I just ran into this issue. My motherboard died so I had to install everything from scrach on a new motherboard. The new board has an NVidia (750) chipset. (old one had an intel P35) My message in the system event log says that the ElbyCDIO driver failed to start because it is not a valid Win32 application. When I look at the information about this file, there is no digital signature present. This is after trying to install from scrach/reinstall from scrach etc. This is with AnyDVD HD 6.7.1.0 and 64bit Win7

Please help.

Installed 6.7.1.1 and all is well. The driver has a valid signature there.

Please update Windows with all available updates.
Please try to reinstall AnyDVD. If it still fails, check the following registry entry:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ElbyCDIO.sys

Image path should read

System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys

Check the file location

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys

Is it present?

If yes, right click the file, properties, digital signatures, double click Elaborate Bytes AG. The message must read "This digital signature is ok"

Salutations everyone... I just happened to have this problem recently due to a bad crash ( I guess ) and found this thread.. First of all… Thanks so much for the helpful advice… I would like to refine the quote above if I may… with the full fix method I had to use to correct the problem for CloneDVD2>>

(First Of All - Make A System Restore Point Before Proceeding.. It's always a good idea when in the grey planes of the puter's deep recesses.)

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling indeed doesn't work when the service is corrupted and can't be properly uninstalled.

2. Even Your Uninstaller! could not clear the problem, and it is quite efficacious in most activities.

3. Here's what worked> ( I will stick to cloneDVD2 reverences for those the sake of simplicity and for those who have both products or other ElbySoft programs installed.. Needless to say… delete the " ElaborateBytes " folder itself if you have only one product installed... to do so with more than one will corrupt your other programs. )

3a. Uninstall CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD...

3b. Go to " Run " in the Start Menu and type in " Regedit ( without quotes ) in the dialog box and press OK.

3c. Surf to the following registry Keys and remove them ( if they exist )

(On 32bit systems )
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ElaborateBytes\CloneDVD2
(On 64bit systems)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ElaborateBytes\CloneDVD2
( On Windows All Systems )
HLKM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ElbyCDIO
HKCU\Software\ElaborateBytes\CloneDVD2

3ca. Close regedit

3d. Now let’s delete the service reference itself..
3da. Procure a program like “ Yamicsoft’s Windows 7 Manager “ and take advantage of the 15 day trial
http://www.yamicsoft.com/windows7manager/index.html
3db. Install and go to>> Optimizer>Service Manager and wait for the dialog to load then click the “ System Driver “ button and OK the warning dialog.
3dc. Search for “ ElbyCDIO.sys “ in the rather copious listing.. then right click and stop, if running, then right click again and delete ( confirming the, “ Oh I know what I’m doing. “ Dialog – heh ) Now close the Service Manager window and the Windows 7 Manager..

4. Open the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder and delete “ ElbyCDIO.sys “.

5. Open my Computer and surf through Program Files to the program directory… ( just Elaborate Bytes if you have only one product installed )
(On 32bit systems)C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2
(On 64bit Systems)C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2
5a. Now Delete the folder of the offending program ( I make note that you will most likely have to delete both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 if you have both installed – with deletions respective to both programs as outlined above. )

6. Empty your Recycle bin and then……Reboot.

7. Reinstall the applications in question… and enjoy a fully restored program.. AhHAH! WOO HOO!:rock::bowdown::p

Namaste Everyone * Bows Politely*

Zarath

Back