• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7 Beta will play Blu Ray files ripped to hard drive

chip_dawg

Power DVD, your days are numbered. Finally Microsoft is slowly getting something right. Now if they they can get Blu Ray disks to play on Windows 7.

Maybe you should elaborate more, do you mean it plays m2ts files using VC-1, H264 and Mpeg2 with full HD audio without having to install any extra codecs? Or do you mean it'll play back the whole Blu-ray structure without needing anything else installed?
If not then it doesn't play back Blu-ray ripped to harddrive. Vista will play back VC-1 and mpeg2 files with wave audio without extra codecs installed

I goto the DVD Library/movie guide and it plays without anything else installed.

Wow that's just so much information :clap:

Does it play back the full disc with menu's?
Does it play back VC-1 films?
Does it play back H264 films?
Does if play back mpeg2 films?
Does it play back full HD audio tracks?

Is it standard dvd you are taliking about. Sorry I can't follow exactly.

Adbear, must be reading my mind. I have same questions as well.

I decided to download Windows 7 and install it, that way I can get a definitive answer

Maybe you should elaborate more, do you mean it plays m2ts files using VC-1, H264 and Mpeg2 with full HD audio without having to install any extra codecs? Or do you mean it'll play back the whole Blu-ray structure without needing anything else installed?
If not then it doesn't play back Blu-ray ripped to harddrive. Vista will play back VC-1 and mpeg2 files with wave audio without extra codecs installed

It plays the mts files - not sure about the audio side of things as I've only played around on a laptop and sound was on mute. It doesn't play back the whole blu-ray structure. I also haven't yet looked into what it does with menus etc.

So the only thing it seems to do extra over vista is play h264(which you can get the codec for free)

Yeah I saw that, it'll have SD to HD upscaling included in it as well.

Well I just tried playing back the main movie from one of the Harry potter movies, screen goes black and that's it, So no it doesn't play ripped Blu-rays straight out of the box

Last edited:
Back