Windows 11 and TPM

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by Bounce, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Bounce

Bounce Active Member

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

The premise of the article is kind of incorrect. It's trying to be salacious intentionally in my opinion.

Does Win11 require a TPM? As far as I know, yes. Does it require an actual chip (meaning a hardware TPM)? No.

I have Win11 running on my main PC and my motherboard does not have a hardware TPM it has a virtual one. And it works just fine.

Bounce likes this.
  3. Bounce

Bounce Active Member

My question was about what I heard on a "recent" podcast (which agrees with you about software TPM) but about how it might lock down the "validation" chain of the hardware (HDMI, etc.) in a manner that might create issues with tools like RedFox. Similar to how current BR players have to have even a compatible cable to get past their protections even for an owned product.

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Let me make this perfectly clear, as of right now as of the latest version of Windows 11 everything is compatible with every Redfox and Elby product. There are no issues. Latesdt version.png

Bounce likes this.
  5. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

TPM isn't exactly new. It's been around for a long time now. Windows 10 also has it. It's simply not required in windows 10. Unless of course you want to play back protected uhd discs in an official player. Simply put, for now it's not an issue. As mentioned everything is working as expected at this time.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Bounce likes this.
  6. Bounce

Bounce Active Member

Thanks everyone.