• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10

Wildrat

Do you think the Windows 10 upgrade will affect AnyDVD or any of the other software in any way? I reserved my copy of Win 10 Pro but want to make sure there won't be any compatibility issues or sneaky ways to cause it not to work. The Win 10 app says my apps are good to go but someone once said the sky was falling also.

AFAIK they said there shouldn't be a problem with Windows 10....

Anydvd had already been updated to be compatible with w10, clonedvd hasn't BUT elby has said that it will receive updates if there are compatibility issues (like there initially were with w7). You've got nothing to worry about.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Anydvd had already been updated to be compatible with w10, clonedvd hasn't BUT elby has said that it will receive updates if there are compatibility issues (like there initially were with w7). You've got nothing to worry about.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
After the last update of AnyDVDHD I have no issues with Windows 10 in any Slysoft or Elby product.

That's great. I am always skeptical with upgrades. I have never upgraded my OS, I always get the disk and do a clean install, so this will be a first!

Got this off the Win 10 site. Most of y'all have likely seen this already.

When you upgrade, you’ll stay on like-to-like editions of Windows. For example, Windows 7 Home Premium will upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

Windows 7*
From Edition To Edition
Windows 7 Starter Windows 10 Home
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional Windows 10 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 8**
From Edition To Edition
Windows Phone 8.1 Windows 10 Mobile

Windows 8.1 Windows 10 Home

Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro for Students

That's great. I am always skeptical with upgrades. I have never upgraded my OS, I always get the disk and do a clean install, so this will be a first!
Any updates? With your I7 system I wouldn't worry about upgrading to 10.0 but wouldn't risk it with my 4GB I5 Lenovo.

Found this article on upgrading to 10.0. Free to valid windows versions 7.0 and 8.1 but still a lot of unanswered questions by Microsoft:
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3426/tip-understand-the-free-upgrade-to-windows-10

Got this off the Win 10 site. Most of y'all have likely seen this already.

When you upgrade, you’ll stay on like-to-like editions of Windows. For example, Windows 7 Home Premium will upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

Looking around the internet shows that MS will be updating Win10 for free "for life". No ongoing subscription, no ongoing fees. Quite similar to Slysoft's "lifetime" license.

One apparent "bad" feature is that an end-user will not be able to apply any updates when they choose, it will be done automatically. At least that is not a good feature IMO.

Where is MS going to make its money? From its apps like Office and providing quicker updates/fixes to businesses that purchase a support subscription.

MS is going the Linux support route apparently.

Automatically without the user having the choice to choose when would be a very bad idea. Updating major system parts like that will require a reboot naturally. And what if the system operator is in the middle of important work and gets a notice 'component x has been updated, system will restart in x minutes'. They'd get a pretty pissed off user base.

They will update components yes, but automatically? Doubt it, wouldn't be very smart not to offer the user a choice on WHEN updates can be downloaded and applied.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Automatically without the user having the choice to choose when would be a very bad idea. Updating major system parts like that will require a reboot naturally. And what if the system operator is in the middle of important work and gets a notice 'component x has been updated, system will restart in x minutes'. They'd get a pretty pissed off user base.

They will update components yes, but automatically? Doubt it, wouldn't be very smart not to offer the user a choice on WHEN updates can be downloaded and applied.

You will have a choice with the PRO version, if I read it correctly.

That's an even stupider move, why on earth would that only give a specific version there 'option'. Typical M$.

I would read the MS article. I am recovering from cervical fusions so I may be mis-quoting a little. Difficult to hold head up or look at keyboard.

I would read the MS article. I am recovering from cervical fusions so I may be mis-quoting a little. Difficult to hold head up or look at keyboard.

Wow, hope you are feeling better soon. With all that grief you want to risk messing up your computer with Win 10.0?
My experience with MS is that O/S uprevs almost always require the latest hardware, it sounds like your system is up to that task but typically old programs become incompatible for one lame excuse or the other and MS generates a lot of revenue that way by selling software application upgrades often from third parties.

ps: As mentioned earlier, AnyDVD won't be a problem, but good luck getting everything else to work :).

Last edited:
Yes, I am doing fine, just the same old thing with the head. It's only been 4 days so I am doing pretty good. I have not had to take anything for pain, just muscle relaxants a couple times.
I'm not too concerned with W10, as I will have a choice to install or not. My machine stays pretty stripped own so I should have no compatability issues, although having said that I think I will shoot the astronomy software developer to make sure it's compatible, if I remember. LOL

I typically never upgrade until the several months after official release or until the 1st service pack is out. That way i know hardware and peripheral drives have had the needed time to update to ensure full compliance and windows itself has had the 1st round of updates to get the bugs out of it.

What's your folks take on how Windows 10 handles legacy programs (circa 2005)??

I have a relatively new laptop running Windows 7 and it runs my legacy programs fine. Of course the little "Get Windows 10" icon popped up in my sys tray and I have been considering it. Also, I plan to purchase a desktop and would like to know if Windows 10 will run legacy programs or if I need to stay with Windows 7. Someone told me Windows 8 would not run legacy which is one (among many) reasons I didn't get it on my laptop, but I've heard some good rumors about Win 10 which has raised my curiosity.

In any case, I 'll wait until Windows 10 is well established before buying into it.

Last edited:
run the windows 8.1 upgrade assistant. W10 will have the same requirements they say.

you'll know immediately what will and won't run natively without program update

What's your folks take on how Windows 10 handles legacy programs (circa 2005)??

I have a relatively new laptop running Windows 7 and it runs my legacy programs fine. Of course the little "Get Windows 10" icon popped up in my sys tray and I have been considering it. Also, I plan to purchase a desktop and would like to know if Windows 10 will run legacy programs or if I need to stay with Windows 7. Someone told me Windows 8 would not run legacy which is one (among many) reasons I didn't get it on my laptop, but I've heard some good rumors about Win 10 which has raised my curiosity.

In any case, I 'll wait until Windows 10 is well established before buying into it.
What Ch3vr0n said or go into W7 disc management and create a partition _ install W10 on that partition _ see how it goes.

Last edited:
run the windows 8.1 upgrade assistant. W10 will have the same requirements they say.

you'll know immediately what will and won't run natively without program update

W10 has an upgrade assessment tool also.

Thank's for that info. Will try out the upgrade assistant and see what happens. If compatible, I'll probably just make the jump to Windows 10.

Back