• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 Usb 3.0 hub issue

just curious

I updated 3 computers ( two running Windows 7 & one running Windows 8.1 ) to Windows 10 two days ago

With Windows 7 & 8.1 I could stream videos from Usb 3.0 hard drives connected to a Usb 3.0 hub that was plugged into a Usb 3.0 port.

Now that I’m running Windows 10 I can’t stream from the hub anymore unless I connect it to a Usb 2.0 port
( I CAN still stream if I connect a Usb 3.0 hard drive directly to the Usb 3.0 port )

I installed updated firmware for the hub but that did not fix the issue.

I tried a different Usb 3.0 hub with the same results.

Note: The issue with the hubs is only with STREAMING. If I connect the hubs to a Usb 3.0 port I can access all the hard drives connected to them as usual. The only change is I can't stream videos from them anymore via my Bluetimes C650 unless I plug the hubs into a Usb 2.0 port

Last edited:
Beyond saying this using unsupported O/S and system hardware not working you should contact your Board manufacture and ask them what else to do and also contact MS about this problem. I seen other sites forum where people install W10 and then don't think of the consequences of doing so but then ask the rest to figure there problem for them? Since it just came out this is something your going to have to also do as well trouble shoot and if it worked in the previous O/S why did you change. Upgrading doesn't mean old hardware will work in Windows 10 and if there is no drivers for it then going Windows 10 isn't a good strategy to do.

I updated 3 computers ( two running Windows 7 & one running Windows 8.1 ) to Windows 10 two days ago

With Windows 7 & 8.1 I could stream videos from Usb 3.0 hard drives connected to a Usb 3.0 hub that was plugged into a Usb 3.0 port.

Sounds like a driver issue here? I plugged USB3 HDD into a USB2 on Windows 7x64 Ult and it works without problem just slower but works.

Last edited:
I realized there could be consequences upgrading to Windows 10

Beyond saying this using unsupported O/S and system hardware not working you should contact your Board manufacture and ask them what else to do and also contact MS about this problem. I seen other sites forum where people install W10 and then don't think of the consequences of doing so but then ask the rest to figure there problem for them? Since it just came out this is something your going to have to also do as well trouble shoot and if it worked in the previous O/S why did you change. Upgrading doesn't mean old hardware will work in Windows 10 and if there is no drivers for it then going Windows 10 isn't a good strategy to do.

Issue 1. The streaming via the Usb 3.0 hub. Hopefully this will be fixed. I can still stream with the hub if I plug it into a Usb 2.0 port

Issue 2. I can't run "SFC/SCANNOW" as an administrator (as you normally run it) in Windows 10 BUT I found you can run "SFC/SCANNOW" as a "non-administrator".

So far I'm happy with Windows 10 except for my current need to swap usb ports if I want to stream videos.

Note - I've contacted Microsoft and Orico (they make the hub) about the hub streaming issue.

Last edited:
Issue 1. The streaming via the Usb 3.0 hub. Hopefully this will be fixed. I can still stream with the hub if I plug it into a Usb 2.0 port

Issue 2. I can't run "SFC/SCANNOW" as an administrator (as you normally run it) in Windows 10 BUT I found you can run "SFC/SCANNOW" as a "non-administrator".

So far I'm happy with Windows 10 except for my current need to swap usb ports if I want to stream videos.

Note - I've contacted Microsoft and Orico (they make the hub) about the hub streaming issue.

You've got me worried, due to the fact that I have Windows 10 available for my Windows 7 Home laptop and Windows 8.1 Pro PC, and this is making me think that I should at least wait awhile to upgrade to the newest OS, maybe wait like 2-3 months at the bare minimum.

To repeat - For the most part I'm happy with Windows 10 so far!

You've got me worried, due to the fact that I have Windows 10 available for my Windows 7 Home laptop and Windows 8.1 Pro PC, and this is making me think that I should at least wait awhile to upgrade to the newest OS, maybe wait like 2-3 months at the bare minimum.

I've heard back from Orico (they make the hub). They are checking into the issue.

I had a chat session with Microsoft. I was told they may need to update their Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub driver.

For the most part I'm satisfied with Windows 10.

No problems at all so far with ANY Slysoft product (I own ALL available Slysoft products!)

I have the Orinco 7 port USB 3.0 hub and it is a pain in the rear. When it works it works fine and then sometimes it just goes postal. I have to unplug, plug back in, say a prayer, and hope it works. I was having issues with it last night. Finally got it working. So I guess what I am saying is the Orinco may be the cause or part of it. I almost ordered a new hub last night, since it's working again, I'll leave it for now.

This is the problem most EndUser forget even if the O/S even is a Windows Product it isn't support on their current hardware and they will have to do their own R&D to find the right drivers and software to make it work assuming the hardware isn't past more then 2 years old. I'll do this update myself but not on my Main Desktop or Laptop this is asking for trouble. And I have images of them so the (&(& hit the Fan I can can always reboot back to my Windows 7 and get back working.

See who makes the chipset for your PC's USB 3.0 ports. If it's a VIA Labs chipset, download the most recent XHCI driver from VIA Labs' download page.

Upgrading to Win10 brought back a driver compatibility issue with my USB 3.0 add-in card that I had with Win7 & Win8.1 as well: With the standard Microsoft XHCI driver, the card will not recognize any USB drives plugged into it at boot time. (The drives are recognized after you unplug & replug them.) However, the most recent VIA XHCI driver works properly with the drives even though it hasn't been updated for Win10. (So far Windows Update hasn't tried to reinstall the Microsoft driver; I believe VIA uses a slightly different device name which keeps Windows Update from interfering with it.)

Back