• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 RS5 v1809 Signed Driver enforcement issue.

Sabertooth

After installing the Windows 10 RS5 v1809 update Virtual CloneDrive's unsigned driver is blocked.

2018-12-20.png

Any chance of getting a signed driver?

The driver is signed. Reinstall VCD, it should work.

The driver is signed. Reinstall VCD, it should work.

@Sabertooth James is right. Although i'm not yet running 1809. I checked my 1803 build 17134.471.

As you can see from the attachment to this post. The driver is digitally signed.
vcd.JPG

Microsoft likes to change driver signing requirements every major version. But I am running 1809 and VCD works fine. I am not aware of any signing requirement changes for 1809.

Uninstall and reinstall seems to have fixed it. I can see the signed driver now. I HAD v5500 installed so not sure what happened. RS5 has been nothing but trouble for me. I got hit by the file deletion bug the first time around. But I had a backup that I rolled back to so I didn't suffer more than inconvenience. It's broken NIC Teaming also. Always have three copies of everything!

Broken NIC teaming? Ouch. Haven't heard of this problem.
The only annoying problem I have: message center stops working, if I disable background apps (I don't want this crap).

Broken NIC teaming? Ouch. Haven't heard of this problem.

Teaming has been the orphan stepchild of networking with no support from Microsoft. Every time there's an update, NIC teaming is broken and Intel waits till it's released before coming out with an updated driver a month or two later.

This time is particularly bad though. Intel has moved to Windows DCH drivers and the integration of Teaming in the previous manner apparently isn't allowed. So now there's this Powershell command line thing that you are supposed to use. Take a look at it here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html

Unfortunately, it's a total mess and simply hangs if you try to create a team at the moment.

Edit: Rolled back to 1803 after Rainmeter stopped working and I couldn't update Virtualbox. 6 month ban on this update imposed.

Last edited:
I have been using version 5.4.7.0 of Virtual Clone Drive and the latest version of Windows 10 Pro, and my current version of Windows 10 Pro sees and recognizes the digital signer of my installation of VCD just fine...and I have not updated it yet (if there happens to be a newer version out there)...

I do not have a large network at home, so I really do not think I need NIC Teaming (and frankly never used it), but I do use an programfrom Auslogics called "Driver Updater" in which I seem to be getting updates for my Intel processor from my ASUS 2-in-1 Q504UAK touchpad Zen notebook just fine. Maybe Auslogics knows something you do not and maybe you could get updated drivers sooner from Intel by using the Auslogics Driver Update software. There ARE eCOUPONS that can be Googled and used for discounts on Auslogics software utility tools. I have been using them for years and I have not had any wants nor warrants from my time with the Auslogics' Suite of programs. Just a thought, Sabertooth.

On another note, should I take advantage of NIC Teaming with Windows 10 Pro, and can it be used for WiFi cards as well as USB Gigabit dongles, too?

Back