Windows 10 RS5 v1809 Signed Driver enforcement issue.

Discussion in 'Virtual CloneDrive' started by Sabertooth, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Well-Known Member

After installing the Windows 10 RS5 v1809 update Virtual CloneDrive's unsigned driver is blocked.

2018-12-20.png

Any chance of getting a signed driver?

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

The driver is signed. Reinstall VCD, it should work.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

@Sabertooth James is right. Although i'm not yet running 1809. I checked my 1803 build 17134.471.

As you can see from the attachment to this post. The driver is digitally signed.
    vcd.JPG

4. James

Microsoft likes to change driver signing requirements every major version. But I am running 1809 and VCD works fine. I am not aware of any signing requirement changes for 1809.

5. Sabertooth

Uninstall and reinstall seems to have fixed it. I can see the signed driver now. I HAD v5500 installed so not sure what happened. RS5 has been nothing but trouble for me. I got hit by the file deletion bug the first time around. But I had a backup that I rolled back to so I didn't suffer more than inconvenience. It's broken NIC Teaming also. Always have three copies of everything!

6. James

Broken NIC teaming? Ouch. Haven't heard of this problem.
    The only annoying problem I have: message center stops working, if I disable background apps (I don't want this crap).

7. Sabertooth

Teaming has been the orphan stepchild of networking with no support from Microsoft. Every time there's an update, NIC teaming is broken and Intel waits till it's released before coming out with an updated driver a month or two later.

This time is particularly bad though. Intel has moved to Windows DCH drivers and the integration of Teaming in the previous manner apparently isn't allowed. So now there's this Powershell command line thing that you are supposed to use. Take a look at it here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html

Unfortunately, it's a total mess and simply hangs if you try to create a team at the moment.

Edit: Rolled back to 1803 after Rainmeter stopped working and I couldn't update Virtualbox. 6 month ban on this update imposed.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018