• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 no longer recognizing dvds or blu rays???

richbikerun

Hi Folks---

Here's a new one-I think?

Now when I put a blu ray or dvd in Window 10 DOES NOT recognize it AT ALL! RedFox ("drive not ready.")
Disc drive is no longer recognized by Windows 10.
Once I replace with blank/other media it seems to recognize media as intended. I have tried on several pcs AND with several disc drives.
Any and ALL suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thank you!

Rich

Since no one else has reported this issue I have to assume its on your end but please create a log file and upload it to the forum
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right-click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances, this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)

Hi Folks---

Here's a new one-I think?

Now when I put a blu ray or dvd in Window 10 DOES NOT recognize it AT ALL! RedFox ("drive not ready.")
Disc drive is no longer recognized by Windows 10.
Once I replace with blank/other media it seems to recognize media as intended. I have tried on several pcs AND with several disc drives.
Any and ALL suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thank you!

Rich
Here's the procedure:
1. Uninstall Anydvd, do not let the uninstaller keep any information.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Long step here. Go to device manager under your cd/dvd drives, right click on every drive, go to properties and click on driver details. If it is still showing the Anydvd driver, Uninstall the device.
4. After doing step 3, if you have an extra driver on any drive, you must uninstall all the drives. Once you have a lingering Anydvd driver after an Anydvd uninstall and restart, this will happen again. So be aware.
5. Restart your computer. Windows will restore your drives with just the windows driver.

I have the exact same problem as original poster, but this seems to be a Windows 10 (update?) issue. Did the above procedure solve the issue for the OP? Windows10 reads all other disc types fine, but no longer reads Blu-ray and I've tried several with no luck.

I have the exact same problem as original poster, but this seems to be a Windows 10 (update?) issue. Did the above procedure solve the issue for the OP? Windows10 reads all other disc types fine, but no longer reads Blu-ray and I've tried several with no luck.

Does windows itself recognize the disc you put in at all (meaning without AnyDVD running) ?

Might try putting in a regular DVD (IE not a Blu-Ray) and see if that gets read.

You can also go into device manager and see if your drive is being seen there or if there might be an exclamation mark on it.

Does windows itself recognize the disc you put in at all (meaning without AnyDVD running) ?

No, even with anyDvd uninstalled completely and after a reboot.

[QUOTE="Might try putting in a regular DVD (IE not a Blu-Ray) and see if that gets read.[/QUOTE]

My drives reads DVD's fine - just states "Please insert a disc into BD_RE Drive.",

when I try and play a blu-ray - basically same message as anyDvd.

[QUOTE="You can also go into device manager and see if your drive is being seen there or if there might be an exclamation mark on it.[/QUOTE]

I followed the above procedure posted by Watcher and my driver details for the BD drive are "Windows" not anyDVD.

I rolled my machine back past the last Win update, added drive firmware, tried uninstalling/re-installing drivers- no luck. The only thing I haven't tried is a Fresh install of Win10 with NO updates. The original poster mentioned having the same issue when he put his drives on multiple Win10 machines. So it seems some Windows update caused this and I've had this problem for at least 3 months.

Let me say this because it happened to me recently.
I had drive that Windows could see OK. It would read DVDs but not Blu-Rays. Meaning I would put in a Blu-Ray and just nothing would happen. It ended up that my Blu-Ray laser had died and I had to replace the drive.

This might not be your issue but that's how it happened to me.

Let me say this because it happened to me recently.
I had drive that Windows could see OK. It would read DVDs but not Blu-Rays. Meaning I would put in a Blu-Ray and just nothing would happen. It ended up that my Blu-Ray laser had died and I had to replace the drive.

This might not be your issue but that's how it happened to me.
That is a possibility - the drive is old and laser has been used many times. The original poster did also mention having this issue on multiple drives. Are you running Windows 10?

Maybe I'll check to see if the 4K disk drives have come down in price yet.

I was indeed running Windows 10. The only thing that solved the issue was a new drive which is working fine now.

Ironically it went bad on me while trying to read UHDs. It was a UHD friendly Blu-Ray drive but so is my new one.

But I had run many discs through the old drive and it had given me an issue or 2 on normal Blu-Rays here and there so in my case it somewhat made sense.

I was indeed running Windows 10. The only thing that solved the issue was a new drive which is working fine now.

Ironically it went bad on me while trying to read UHDs. It was a UHD friendly Blu-Ray drive but so is my new one.

But I had run many discs through the old drive and it had given me an issue or 2 on normal Blu-Rays here and there so in my case it somewhat made sense.

Did you try this UHD "Friendly drive" by chance? ASUS BC-12D2HT. Looks pretty good for 90 bucks

Did you try this UHD "Friendly drive" by chance? ASUS BC-12D2HT. Looks pretty good for 90 bucks

My current drive is an ASUS BW-16D1HT.

Once I got it I did flash it with custom firmware as well.

Back