• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 DVD Drive Problems

rohanx

Hello! I have upgraded my system to Win10. Loving it and all, however today I wanted to install a game from a disk. As my internet isn't really fast and is has a daily limit of 9GBs at max speed, I prefer installing huuuge games like Witcher 3 from disk....http://9aps-download-2019.9apps.ind.in/

So I pressed the button on my DVD ROM, it opened okay, put in the disk, closed, started humming, and that's all... DVD Drive is missing from My Computer and Device Manager as well. I have tried old regedit tweaks like deleting max and min values, and adding it as controller0... nothing worked. Checked the motherboard, cables, everything seems ok, the DVD is connected, gets electricity, opens, closes, hums, but doesn't appear in the system... don't know if it has anything to do with it but SM Bus Driver doesn't work according to the Device Manager and I can't update or do anything with it....

To give a bit of a background, my motherboard and processor is new (Gigabyte Z97 D3H, i5 4460), the rest of the system is "older" (replaced the components over the past years)... After an IT friend of mine put together the computer I installed a legit Win7 and didn't really use it, I don't remember putting a disk into the computer at that state. I had 8.1 before that and the DVD drive worked ok...

Anybody having this issue? Is it a bug or what? Any solutions you guys know? Thanks for the replies :)

rohanx

Last edited:
Windows will not display drives that do not have a drive letter assigned to it. Microsoft Management Console will. Click start button type MMC and press enter. Add the disk management snapin and see if it displays any optical drives. If so assign a drive letter and issue should be fixed.

Otherwise visit https://www.tenforums.com/ for help solving problem.

Back